fifa england poppy ban!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fifa england poppy ban!

War veterans have condemned international football chiefs for refusing to allow the England team to wear poppies on their shirts when they play Spain next Saturday.
    The Football Association had wanted players to display the Armistice Day emblem on their kit on the eve of Remembrance Sunday, but Fifa rules mean no changes can be made to official kit.
    George Batt, general secretary of the Normandy Veterans Association, condemned the decision, describing it as "disgraceful".
    The 86-year-old, who fought in the Second World War, said: "I don't really understand it. I can't see any harm in wearing a poppy. You surely don't need rules and regulations in Fifa like this. It's so sad.
    "I would think about 90% of the population wear them. I'm lost for words. I think it's a bit childish because, after all is said and done, if it wasn't for us blokes Fifa wouldn't be here. They wouldn't be playing football.
    Despite the decision the squad will wear poppies on their kit on Armistice Day when they train at Wembley ahead of the match, the FA said. The special training kit will then be auctioned for charity.
    A spokesman said: "The FA are proud supporters of our armed forces and we are only too pleased to recognise those that have sacrificed their lives for the nation.

I was going to add to earlier thread about the countrys situation!!!,Its about time we (england) grew some more f**king balls.look at the shit greece are causing cause they aint singing off the same song sheet.

Ridiculous, should not be a problem. FIFA are a bunch of tossers
    Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Originally posted by Chesney View Post
      Ridiculous, should not be a problem. FIFA are a bunch of tossers
      totally agree with you on that one

Comment

I blame the fa, spineless wankers who should tell FIFA straight... We wear them or we ain't Playing... Simple
        sigpic

Comment

What do you expect from a country that veto the war and stayed neutral , spineless tossers . Just wear it , what can they do ? Fine ? Ban ? Don't think so .

Comment

Originally posted by LOUIE View Post
            I blame the fa, spineless wankers who should tell FIFA straight... We wear them or we ain't Playing... Simple
            agreed son but that will never happen
            Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Originally posted by Chesney View Post
              agreed son but that will never happen
              I think that's the problem with having a foreign coach...
              Sir bob and venables would of had non of it
              sigpic

Comment

F C's

Comment

maybe england fans can try this like my team .

least we forget

Comment

Comment

playing with black arm bands with a poppy on them now

Comment

Working...
                      X