Dealer in Dudley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer in Dudley

Can anyone tell me what RS Dealer was in Dudley or where YUE may have come from please.

Wanted to get some dealer plates and window sticker for the car.

Many thanks.

I can't recall an Rallye Sport dealer in Dudley

UE is a Staffordshire registration, so Reginald Tildesley of Walsall would have possibly been the supplying dealer?

Comment

Got the Dudley details from this list:

http://www.poplargreg.com/taxdiscs/t...rationyear.htm

Comment

yue

my tr4 is yue nice to no its a local plate as im in cannock and dudley not far away from me

Comment

Does this mean Reginald Tildesley of Walsall was the correct RS dealer for my car?

Cheers.

Comment

send the v888form and a fiver off to the dvla, you'll get the dealer info on the original applications made for the car by the dealer, takes a few weeks but worth the wait

Comment

Originally posted by ModenaRS2 View Post

I'm not 100% sure about this - BUT, I think the list is quoting the DVLA 'area office' which is responsible for allocating registrations with those letters. So whilst Dudley is quoted in the list, it does not follow that the original supplying dealer would be located in Dudley. Dudley would have been the 'area office' for all new registrations within that area (possibly 15-20 mile radius from Dudley?). Walsall is around 10 miles (approx) from Dudley, which is why I'm saying Tildesleys.

I've given this some more thought, and I can't recall any other local RS dealers in the area in the early 80s (when I was on the RS scene). I appreciate your car is late 70s - but I'd still say Tildesley as they were definitely Rallye Sport dealers.

Comment

just looking at the dealer list from the RS parts catalogue, there's bristol street motors in birmingham and reginald tildesley from walsall,

Comment

Originally posted by taffr View Post
                  just looking at the dealer list from the RS parts catalogue, there's bristol street motors in birmingham and reginald tildesley from walsall,
                  Have done the V888 form, will wait or just go for one of the above

Comment

Have done the V888 form, will wait or just go for one of the above
                    no rush D, its only october

Comment

That list doesn't seem to be right.

DA, UK and JW were all Wolverhampton registrations, but appear on the list as Birmingham.

Comment

Originally posted by TimGR View Post
                        That list doesn't seem to be right.

DA, UK and JW were all Wolverhampton registrations, but appear on the list as Birmingham.
                        Seems the system was changed in 1974:

Comment

UE wouldn't have been on a Birmingham Bristol Street Motors car.

I think the other possibility may be the Ford dealer in Wolverhampton, I can't remember who it was in the late 70s, it was Don Everall on the early 80s, at which time they were not a Rallye Sport dealer.

Good luck with the V888, it's £5 well spent as you should get the details of all previous owners. When I've applied for these in the past I've not always received the dealership details because pre mid 90s the records were microfiched and many simply got lost... Let us know what the V888 says.

Comment

A couple of the V888 details have been poor too.

I have had some good ones though, so fingers crossed. The good ones seem to take a lot longer, so lets hope it takes months

Comment

Originally posted by David Barnes View Post
                              so Reginald Tildesley of Walsall would have possibly been the supplying dealer?
                              Slightly earlier (pre-RS) days:

Comment

Working...
                              X