No announcement yet.

This months EVO magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes the latest aftermarket pinto alloy blocks were designed to not crack the bores at high revs unlike the normal cast iron pinto blocks (i've already split two) .
    I love the old BD engine but they cost too much money for power i'm after now . I had one 18 years ago (rs1600) and even that cost mega bucks too fix back then . I got offered a BDG for £10,000 last year but at only 2 litres it won't be fast enough for me these days . If your going to spend a fortune you may as well get a big engine now , alloy pinto blocks go to 2.7 litres but 2.5 is the best for high + fast revs . They sound fooooooooookin mental as well , they make BDA's sound like a hairdryer !!!!!
    sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
    Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
    12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

alright gaz, who you got building the YB then? jeff?

Comment

I'll still be sourcing all the parts for a good while yet (2x more years at this rate) especially as Wifey keeps me skint !!!!
        sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
        Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
        12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Working...
        X