such a talent..................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rwdrs View Post
    I think that's a bit unfair, addictions are a disease.
    I'm pretty sure that if she could have stopped drinking and taking drugs, she would have. I'd like to see how long many people on here could stop drinking if they were told that they couldn't touch another drop. That's what it comes down to if you're an alcoholic, never drink again. There's no such thing as social drinking.

Lots of very talented people suffer from it, Alex Higgins, George Best, The Beatles, easy to judge but no easy to lead a blameless life (ask the NoTW journo's).
    a disease my ass! nobody is forced to take drugs, its a choice.everyone knows that if you dabble you pay the price.i wont be losing any sleep over her.i can see your point with drink but not drugs, however i am a social drinker.

Comment

Originally posted by sutty234 View Post
      a disease my ass! nobody is forced to take drugs, its a choice.everyone knows that if you dabble you pay the price.i wont be losing any sleep over her.i can see your point with drink but not drugs, however i am a social drinker.
      I see you're reasoning is a tad flawed. I mean, nobody forced "you" to start drinking, but you have. You're just lucky that drink hasn't got such a hold over you. As said an "addiction" to anything, be it taking drugs (inc. alcohol), playing computer games to excess etc, is defined as a disease.

Because the person's life then centres around the activity, and is no longer simply a part of what they do, it takes over their entire lives. A bit like people being obsessed with getting their car "perfect", eventually it's no longer a pastime but an obsession.

Just think yourself lucky you're not affected.

Comment

i see your point but when you are offered herion or crack you know the consiquences of it being a life changing decision with only ever bad results.you have to be really stupid to say yes please!drinking is a legal activity as is playing computer games and polishing your car. taking drugs in most cases takes some effort to at first source the product as you cant get them at your local asda or tesco on a bogof offer.life is all about choices and strength of character.i choose to drink socially but not to gamble,do drugs or polish my car every day.

anyway i`m off to the pub for a game of snooker and a couple of pints!

Comment

Originally posted by sutty234 View Post
          anyway i`m off to the pub for a game of snooker and a couple of pints!
          And a line of the old marching powder
          sigpic

Comment

Social Drinker !!!

No Drugs for me

I am living proof of a Social Drinker, I don't need to drink during the week and don't feel the need. However when out in a busy pub with friends I enjoy a good sociable drink You can even class me as a binge drinker but not an alky !!!

Drugs are for MUGS !!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Amy

Originally posted by machino View Post
              No Drugs for me

I am living proof of a Social Drinker, I don't need to drink during the week and don't feel the need. However when out in a busy pub with friends I enjoy a good sociable drink You can even class me as a binge drinker but not an alky !!!

Drugs are for MUGS !!!!
              I agree entirely,she had the choice as we all have.no buyers,then no pushers.Her ex husband has just been arrested,and jailed for breaking into property to steal,here in Leeds

Comment

Originally posted by 76mex View Post
                smack head hope its pete docherty next
                Amen brother Mitchell. +1
                Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

She joins the misunderstood 27 year old death club
                  ... hendrix , morrison , joplin , cobain ...

R.I.P

Comment

They recon her ashes will sell for £1.85 a gram
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOUIE View Post
                      They recon her ashes will sell for £1.85 a gram
                      .......... i say noh noh noh !

Comment

Originally posted by rsjohn1 View Post
                        Shame her inner strength was not that of her voice/talent, we all have our weaknesses!! Sad loss at such a young age...............

perfect summary.....
                        Cheers Glyn

Comment

Working...
                        X