Brown beta saga continued.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown beta saga continued.....

Well, full marks for Aldridge for effort so far - rather less for achievement however but I would hasten to add that it's not their fault.

I took my interior up to Wolverhampton early on in March as they promised to have remanufactured brown beta available within a few weeks. I'm still waiting.......

In fact I got so fed up with waiting I asked them to do some work on the existing fabric to that I could get the car back on the road as the weather is getting better. The fabric has been woven, the black has been dyed and is ready (I think) but the brown is causing the dying company some major headaches. I saw the samples of the last 3 attempts - they were nothing like they should be. Aldridge is convinced he will get it right, it's just going to take time.

In the meantime, they stripped the centre sections of the two front seats, removed all the old backing foam from the fabric and re-laminated new foam onto the fabric. This gets rid of the sagging seen on most seats of that age. The results were pretty good :

So that'll do me for this season, I'll still buy a set of covers though when he does get it right.

RSOC Member - 6960

well they look top notch to me arron , id be well happy with them
    sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty happy with them Gaz, the flash shows up every little mark so in normal light they look even better.

I'd recommend the process to anyone who has decent cloth facings i.e. they're not worn, got holes or too dirty. They charged me £230 which included installing new support webbing.

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

doesnt look to bad from those pics, sounds a bit expensive after the quote for the whole retrim though

Comment

Yes it was quite expensive but there's a lot of labour involved in unpicking all that stitching and removing the foam etc. etc.

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

have you seen their black beta yet mate, is it any good ? is it ready ? because i haven't found a nice pair of seats yet, so i think retrim it is...

Comment

The girl I spoke to up there was not 100% sure but she said she thought it was ready. Give them a call and ask - www.aldridge.co.uk

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

Working...
              X