East Yorks RSOC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Yorks RSOC

Last year we attended their belting regional day at York air museum, looking for any info for this years show as I cannot find anything at all??
    Part of the Java Green club

the show is not happening this year, dont know full details as to why it isn't im sure someone will come along and add to it

Comment

that's a shame
      Part of the Java Green club

Comment

Originally posted by GraemeJ View Post
        that's a shame
        I did approach the Museum early in the year, but a management change seems to have a new focus around the planes. It is an air museum afterall I suppose. We really wanted to do this again and were looking at a trackday on the airfield as well.

We enjoyed last years event and will be back with something else

Stu.
        East Yorks RSOC

Comment

was a top show i really enjoyed last year
          Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Ring Colin at Javelin Trackdays and tell him Owen sent you if you wish to find another venue with the option of a trackday this year.

How about holding the show on the airfield itself? Along with some track action

I know Blyton isn't exactly in the East Yorkshire region but it's not far away and would be perfect for a show/track day combo also

Im sure he will be able to give you a list of available dates and options if you contact him

Cheers

Owen
            Maximum Attack Rallying - Rally Memorabilia, Retro Rally Jackets, Stickers, DVDs

Comment

It was a cracking show/venue for a static last year

Comment

Thanks for the comments - nice to know that people enjoyed the event/venue and appreciated the hard work that went into making it happen.

Far to late to do anything this year, pulled the plug back in Feb when the venue went west.

Few different things on the back burner, maybe next year. We don't just want to run an 'average' day but a good day, not sure what we do to beat concours under the Halifax though

Stu.

Comment

Hello,I was unfortunate to miss last years show at Elvington,it looked a really good venue and a well attended show,it is a shame that your regional day won`t be held there this year,I see that you may be up for suggestions for a new venue,how about getting in touch with the Auto66 club and holding a regional day at Olivers mount in Scarborough when they hold a hillclimb event,a little bit of motorsport action may appeal to many.Regards Gixer1000.

Comment

Good idea Warren ,need to see if it is followed up ?
                    I was looking forward to the day at Elvington
                    Not the best venue but what about Melbourne could hold some straight line runs for those that are into that type of thing and plenty of parking
                    or there is Brantingham again ,
                    Sods law is I have a car to tak this year
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gixer1000 View Post
                      Hello,I was unfortunate to miss last years show at Elvington,it looked a really good venue and a well attended show,it is a shame that your regional day won`t be held there this year,I see that you may be up for suggestions for a new venue,how about getting in touch with the Auto66 club and holding a regional day at Olivers mount in Scarborough when they hold a hillclimb event,a little bit of motorsport action may appeal to many.Regards Gixer1000.

The North Yorks group looked into this mate

complete no go

they are only allowed so many days per year and were not intrested in any way of letting anyone else join in with them

The do gooders in this country are slowly stopping all forms of motorsport with the noise complaints etc

We tried everything to get them to let us even just have a static show along side one of there days but they were just not intrested

Run by a set of pompus old farts
                      Proud to be the RS500 registrar for www.rs500owners.com

Comment

well said paul, bit of a closed shop at olivers mount
                        sigpic
                        http://www.sa-embroidery.co.uk/

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/SA-Embroidery?_rdc=1

NORTH YORKSHIRE RSOC

Comment

Originally posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES View Post
                          The North Yorks group looked into this mate

complete no go

they are only allowed so many days per year and were not intrested in any way of letting anyone else join in with them

The do gooders in this country are slowly stopping all forms of motorsport with the noise complaints etc

We tried everything to get them to let us even just have a static show along side one of there days but they were just not intrested

Run by a set of pompus old farts
                          Fair enough Paul,I didn`t realise it was that bad up Olivers Mount,like you say pompous old farts,regards Gixer1000.

Comment

Working...
                          X