I have a new job.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a new job.....

Since retiring against my will I have been looking for a part time job to protect my sanity.
    I have just got a job with:
    www.greatescapecars.co.uk

They have a base 2 miles from my home and I deliver and collect the cars and move them around between the sites.
    I did a wedding as a Chauffer yesterday, a Morris Minor Convertable taking the Bride and her father to the church then the (very nice) newlyweds to the reception.

The sun shone throughout and I drove the 50 miles home with the roof down through places like Malvern and Pershore.

The very best bit is...I am to provide performance driving instruction to people wanting to hire The Atom etc.....

I am obviously quite chuffed.......

If anyone has a special day coming up and wants a nice Classic....let me know.....

Russ.
    [/quote]

That's great for you russ.. I know when my dad retired after he had spent 40+
    Years long distance lorry driving he was a nightmare . He could,nt get used to not working .. So I got him a few days a week driving a truck for a mate of mine and he loved it . He's 73 now but still keeps his hgv licence on..
    Live to regret ..or regret to live.

Comment

Nice one Russ I would love a job which involves my hobbie, you could take a groom to the church in the RS
      sigpic

Comment

I wonder how many newly weds will want an Aston Martin Volante as a wedding car after the Royal wedding ?
        cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM View Post
          I wonder how many newly weds will want an Aston Martin Volante as a wedding car after the Royal wedding ?
          you sad person watching that

it was down to earth with L plates and things hanging from the rear

Comment

Nice one Russ. The old Advanced Driver training should come in handy then..... Do you remember the system of car contro.
            sigpic

Comment

work after retirement

At 70 and with the earliest registration number on the Drivings Standards Agency register,for DSA Approved driving instructors,to keep my mind from going stale ,and to keep sane i still do just as much work as i want (just a few) to avoid putting on the weight!,and keep active.

Comment

Working...
              X