Can I drive my RS yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by modena green View Post
    i know alot of peeps work funny hours and cant get to the post office and its much easier on line,but.... when the local po closes through lack of customers we will have to drive twice as far to post anything and the queue will be twice as long cause everybody will have to use the same one! a lady in front of me the other day took in a parcel and said to the postmaster" can you take this its alright ive weighed it and paid for it on line" .spose ime a bit old fashioned and like to support local shops etc we have the milk delivered and the paper, get the bread from the local bakers oh and those computorised tax disc look crap cant beat hand written imo of corse
    You've got a very good point there. Trouble being, of course, people have thought about this too late, i.e. out-of-town shopping centres, mega supermarkets, ghost towns (centres).
    It's good that some people still try to save what local infrastructure there is though. It might cost a bit more but it's nice to just to be able to do something and not wait for an e-mail or phone call or the mail...

Comment

Originally posted by Stringpants View Post
      ...with ANPR the Plod can tell if its taxed,insured and MOT'd now...
      Do the ANPR cameras read the old style silver on black plates??

David

Comment

i have no choice but to tax mine online, as my insurer emailed my certificate of motor insurance to be printed off at home. My post office refuse to take it as a legal document for some reason? so i always tax online, and have always driven it without a valid disc until it arrives, no problems yet (although sods law dictates i'm going to get caught out in the near future doesnt it )

my car in the vBGarage

***Don't Fool With The Old Skool***

Comment

Originally posted by oveRSteer View Post
          (although sods law dictates i'm going to get caught out in the near future doesnt it )
          You are doing nothing wrong

Originally posted by willid1 View Post
          Do the ANPR cameras read the old style silver on black plates??

David
          Yes

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

These electronic cover notes were introduced two years ago, europe-wide; what is your post office up to Mr oveRSteer?
            I think you ought to suggest they go on a course or two.

Comment

havent got a clue tbh, i had a bit of a moan but it changed nothing. I didnt try too hard to change their minds as being young and hip i feel at home on the internet and in a way i kind of prefer the modern way

my car in the vBGarage

***Don't Fool With The Old Skool***

Comment

Working...
              X