First Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Rally

Myself and Dave Cook entered our first rally on Sunday, namely the Bloodhound stages at Swinderby, Lincs, using his Eaton Yale GP4 MK11
    It was a round of the EMAMC multi use championship, we were seeded as car No.79 out of an entry list of 86 (at least not last place!!).

The rally consisted of 6 stages on a mixed surface of tarmac and gravel, we started well but had a slight problem of the rear brakes locking on after extensive handbrake use in the hairpins!
    During the day many cars were retired due to mechanical failures (and a spectacular Manta bursting into flames in front of us) but we managed to keep going unscathed.
    Our ambition for the day was just to complete the rally and eventually at 4.30pm we crossed the final Time Control, the final placing was 54th overall and 12th in class
    The only damaged sustained was a dented rear alloy arch (clipped a tyre) and a few scuff marks on the rear quarters and sills.
    Thanks for the club members who turned up to see car doing some serious sideways action on the gravel section, and particular thanks to Dave Reichert who drove into Lincoln to get extra fuel as we returned a figure of 5 miles to the gallon!!!!!!!!!!!
    A pic is listed at the following link under 'Gallery' Bloodhound Stages 2005
    and look for the Eaton Yale MK11

Cheers
    Martyn

Excellent

Comment

thats what a Mk2 is for :d

Comment

well done boys,
        How duz a vicar get sunday off?
        sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

nice job fellas,

Comment

i was lookin at some pics yesterday and thought i know that no plate

Comment

Looks like it was a good event. Wish I could have come.
              Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

top job m8 sounds like a good day...
                sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

Working...
                X