major fright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• major fright

i had a major fright today going to aberdeen,sitting at 100 mph along past stirling castle and looked in mirror to see major smoke thought i blew a piston, but had wrong oil filler cap fitted and it was leaking on to exhaust my co pilot lifted the bonnet for me but must have hit the cut off switch at the same time shit myself ,stuck in the middle of no where at five in the morning ,found problem and we were off again ,great day out though and spectacular sideways stuff from martin at dundee roundabout in the mex.will need major steam clean for cumbria

Glad your motors all right, good day?, finally got mine on the road and took it for a spin tonight as it was dry, turned more than a few heads, will hopefully get to see you soon and you can give her the once over, cheers.

Comment

Any sideways action from yours then??
      sigpic

Comment

gaz under two hours from aberdeen to glasgow is not bad going,no time for sideways action.we ended up limping home was crosseyed keeping an eye on oil pressure and temp gauges,f$ck i cant handle these old school motors,bloody nerve racking.hopefully no damage to engine mate any way the oil keeps it rust free

Comment

just went in to the fridge and counted the beers ,only got eight left out of twenty four and i didnt get home to almost eight ,i need to call the A.A

Comment

hello ... my names john , and im an alchoholic ...
            .....HIC

better than being a 2cv carrot muncher

Comment

Iknow what you mean about not trusting the car, i went out in mine yesterday and it was running ok so thats it now till cumbria ,as i dont want to risk breaking anything before then
              sigpic

Comment

Not as Frightening as yoki A048s and standing water lol - Just keeping the mex on the road was a challenge in it'self!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Missed you yesterday Johnie.
                  After the prize giving was sorted I came across but you'd just left.
                  Will catch up with you again.
                  Thanks anyway,
                  CheeRS Neil.
                  sigpic

www.auto-restoration.co.uk

Comment

so whos cars won prizes ?

Comment

We got a second mate!
                      sigpic

www.auto-restoration.co.uk

Comment