Mine is now Sorted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine is now Sorted

Took it to the carb doctor today and he said nothing wrong with the carb, could be electrical ?

So he sent me to a fella in another town, this fella does everyday mechanicing, but he also builds race cars and hot rods ! things were looking up

Soon as I started it he said the cam timing is out ? I said cant be as I marked the vernier wheel and the head, so he did a compression test everything was fine

he said got to be the valve timing so off cam the covers and hey presto the timing was out by 20 degrees ? !!!!!, I phoned the ones who built the head who said catagorically theey never changed it ?, but it ran fine before

So Dave set the timing and , I did a test run down the motorway straight up to 120mph no bother at all, just need to sort the suspension, but now I have no time to change it before Cumbria so it will have to do for the moment

So now a happy camper, also this Dave fella has a rolling road and hes going to set it up for £60- 70 bargin I thought

all smiles in the sunshine of NI again gloom and doom has been banished

Glad that you are all sorted Brian, see you at Cumbria.

CheeRS
    Martin

Comment

good news m8 gld your sorted

Comment

great news that brian ..see you in the graveyard at cumbria
        sigpic

Comment

whats this graveyard thing then ? a real graveyard / ex graveyard ? love it

Comment

Not too sure meself brian , but apparantly this is where everyone camped last year

Cant seem to get any details on where everyone is camping this year
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X