there but for the grace of god

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there but for the grace of god

Attended a guy today who is the marines, we got talking about afgan etc and he said on his last posting they lost 14 guys and nearly him.
    It turned out that he was reading a map to pinpoint a firing position and literally as he put his face to the side of the map to check the position a bullet came through the centre of it and hit him in the jaw, and then one in the hand and leg as he was crawling away
    Really nice guy who is now back serving but some of the stuff he told me was terrible.
    My thoughts are with all those out there serving and their families.

Christ that man has guts, fair play to him for doing the job he is doing.

Comment

they should with draw them all if you ask me vin and nuke the ****ing lot of them

Comment

Originally posted by 76mex View Post
        they should with draw them all if you ask me vin and nuke the ****ing lot of them

as long as they have opium and oil lee, thatll never happen
        sigpic

Comment

Very brave people doing a job fecking politicians sent them in to do. Nuclear weapons were invented for situations like this. Bring the troups back...do the lot in... wait twenty years and get the sand pikeys oil for our RS's.
          Last edited by jimmer; 13-02-2011, 01:42. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

Some harsh replies, but then this is a country of free speech and that says it all.
            ROYAL MARINE COMMANDO'S (best in the world)
            And that is not just a patriotic survilion talking.
            It takes very hard training to gain a Green Lid! very few get through and men that do are respected by most other serving forces world wide !!
            It was a regiment, set up in WW2 by Winston Chrurchill and broke most of the army training regulations of the time. Says something that after some of the most daring raids of WW2, Hitler ordered that any Royal Marine Commando captured was shot on site.
            ALL brave men and Women, from the first in to the last out.

Comment

Green Beret's...

My father was an Army Commando...I am very proud of him and I am also very proud of what our lads and lassies are doing today.

As Vinny says.....such incredible bravery...and we think we have "bad days"

Russ.
              [/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by vinny View Post
                Attended a guy today who is the marines, we got talking about afgan etc and he said on his last posting they lost 14 guys and nearly him.
                It turned out that he was reading a map to pinpoint a firing position and literally as he put his face to the side of the map to check the position a bullet came through the centre of it and hit him in the jaw, and then one in the hand and leg as he was crawling away
                Really nice guy who is now back serving but some of the stuff he told me was terrible.
                My thoughts are with all those out there serving and their families.
                Brave men!
                but why don't they have Ipads with sat nav and wifi connections to everyone involved?
                Fcuk me reading a map! I don't do that to find a take away in Ballyclare!

**** poor government.

I really don't like career politicians.

We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

Working...
                X