Insurance for Young'uns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance for Young'uns

Getting rediculous now, got the offer of a nice really cheap 1600 Focus 5 door for ma youngest 18 year old, Daz, checked Go Compare and Money Supermarket for quotes, LOL.

Quinn £1700 tpft on a provvy with me as named driver, rises to 2400 when he passes his test from Go Compare, Go Feck Yersell mare like it.

Swinton on M S was £4k tpft on full license and £4500 comp.

Dearest quote on GC £6k, MS, wait for it, £13,500 - fer a car that's costing under 300 quid

Graham

christ....
    makes me mad when you think off all the eastern european motors that are flying round without insurance or probably even licence
    sigpic

Comment

my daughter passed in december,cost us £1700,my mates just got insurance for his boy not yet passed,but when he does will cost them £2450,and they tried everywhere,best quote they had was about £13,000
      we,re here for a good time-not for a long time!

Comment

No wonder people don't bother insuring bangers any more. Something needs to be done. (Like with everything else in this stupid country!!)
        Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

our lewis was quoted about 5 months ago £3500 for the 1100 mk1 fiesta, since hes rebuilding it and time has gone on, albeit a few months we have now got it down to £1800, it seems cheaper if the you do it fully comp.
          he has also passed his test in that time and we thought it would be nice for him to be on our insurance for our car, while we finish the fiesta, the quote for him on a pug 306 came in at £5000, terrible boils my wee wee.
          our clean record and years of no claims etc etc didnt make any differance

now if you were a female of same age its much much cheaper,
          MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

It really is outrageous. Can't help feeling for them. A very common theme these days with some of them these days is that they pay the deposit, get the insurance certificate in order to get the Tax Disc. Once done so, they cancel the direct debit as they cannot afford it. Sadly technology these days catches them out and therefore end up with 6 points making them virtually uninsurable. The punishment makes it worthy of a gamble, but the points are the sting in the tail. Must be difficult for the youngsters these days

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post
              now if you were a female of same age its much much cheaper,
              Very true. Blatant Sexism in reverse.

Comment

Aviva have been ok for us my girlfriend passed her test on Monday an there was no increase in price from provisional licence. She is 21 though. £580 on a 1.25 year 2007 Fiesta
                Part of the Java Green club

Comment

Went through the same thing with our lad a few months back, it is a disgrace, afraid cheapest was Quinn Direct, still dear but not rip off dear.

The car is in the wifes name with him as a named learner, to stay on the right side off the law, when he passes his test the car will be transferred to his name and also the insurance, he's saving up now

I used to laugh when I seen young lads dropping down into town on bikes and skateboards, obviously cheaper to insure ...........

Gotta feel for them, but theres something behind the prices, my mates buisiness is closely linked to the big insurance companies, the biggest factor now that affects the cost is personnal injury claims, if a car gets smacked its maybe a couple grand to put right, then all the passengers have 'bad necks' and 'bad backs', this runs into many many thousands.

Something to bare in mind when friends are pulling the wool over the insurance companys............ your paying !!
                  sigpic

Comment

We should have the same system as those down-under. I believe your cartax also gives you basic 3rd party cover, this way all cars are insured and insurance companies have to offer decent deals to get you to shell out some wonga

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Insurance

As a driving school proprietor,I know the problems these young kids have,they can do Pass plus after passing their test ,but that will only give about a 40 per cent discount.The big problem now it that they will buy a wreck,not insure it,and if caught will lose the car ,it will be crushed,but they ain't bothered.

Comment

Make me think when you see these young spotty faced kids in EVOs and Scoobys if they have insurance ,
                        sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Originally posted by alancdavis View Post
                          Make me think when you see these young spotty faced kids in EVOs and Scoobys if they have insurance ,
                          More worrying is the sheer amount of knackers in inner cities nowadays. Bet only a small percentage are actually insured. When I lived in Nottingham, There was a house full of asylum seekers running a fleet of knackered Renault Laguna's. Not one of them was insured or taxed. I had them removed.

Comment

went threw it myself with my 17 year old 2 years ago an turned out fully comp was costing bit less. his insurance last year cost him £1850 in his own name an he had 3 points. he was saying his friend got good price on insurance there with his friend as 1st named driver with his father as a named driver. girls premiums seem to b lower. my sons car is a 2002 seat toledo 1.9 tdi se 110 brake. group 6 insurance

Comment

Originally posted by RUDDY View Post
                              Went through the same thing with our lad a few months back, it is a disgrace, afraid cheapest was Quinn Direct, still dear but not rip off dear.

The car is in the wifes name with him as a named learner, to stay on the right side off the law, when he passes his test the car will be transferred to his name and also the insurance, he's saving up now

I used to laugh when I seen young lads dropping down into town on bikes and skateboards, obviously cheaper to insure ...........

Gotta feel for them, but theres something behind the prices, my mates buisiness is closely linked to the big insurance companies, the biggest factor now that affects the cost is personnal injury claims, if a car gets smacked its maybe a couple grand to put right, then all the passengers have 'bad necks' and 'bad backs', this runs into many many thousands.

Something to bare in mind when friends are pulling the wool over the insurance companys............ your paying !!
                              eldest son Mitchell had a accident last wednesday, car skidded across the road and ripped the whole axle out from his large farm tractor, woman admitted everything etc, had a letter from her insurance company saying this etc and offering whip lash compensation and basically encouraging him to claim, gob smacked tbh
                              MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Working...
                              X