Ebay and selling to other countries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay and selling to other countries

Someone has won an item i listed on ebay but they are from france , how do they go on about paying for the item in pounds sterling and will i recieve the money in pounds ? is there any charge for this sort of payment ? and what are the postage costs like to france ? and who do i send the item with?

cheers
    sigpic

they can pay you with an international postal order
    and you can send at the post office like any other parcel

i send all over the world its not hard but you have got to get a quote for a parcel to send it...
    what are you sending...?
    i might know the postage cost as i sell loads on ebay....
    sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

this

sigpic

Comment

can they pay with paypal ?
        sigpic

Comment

anyone can pay paypal if they set up an account it makes things much easier, as they can pay in Euros and you get pounds but makes sure you add the service charges 5% is about right

that will cost a few quid to post mate

Comment

Try Parcel Force's website that will give you postage costs.

Comment

Hi, the buyer can pay with paypal and you can accept that payment in GBP, but sometimes they charge you with a 4% cost. I have payed by paypal to the uk lots of times and its all worked okay. Grtz, leon.

Comment

You can give the seller the IBAN and BIC of your UK bank account and they make a direct transfer to your account. It's one of the most foolproof ways of doing international payments.

Most non-expat Brits I know shiver at the thought of giving someone their account number but it's the way "we" continentals do it!

Comment

dasadrew most UK banks charge us £20-30 for a european transfer

Comment

i didnt know you did a bit of DJ ing

what do ya play

Comment

Originally posted by Banishit
                      dasadrew most UK banks charge us £20-30 for a european transfer
                      I transfer regularly from my French or German accounts to my UK Lloyds Bank account and have not been charged anything. I mark the box on the transfer form as 'transferer covers fees' which can be stipulated for our French eBay friend. Then I pay a charge on my French account but it's only about £7

Comment

Working...
                      X