• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Net Books

Just bought a new net book today..
    Window 7 starter operating system,,

Wont allow me to install any of mt office 2000 software,,

Wont allow a lot of functions unless I pay another 70 pound for the windows 7 updates..

No wonder that **** gates is so rich

Conclusion,,,,riped off again,,,pile of crap,,
    sigpic

Back with a MK1

I uploaded my 2003 MS Office software to Windows 7 no probs

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Managed to get a copy of 2007 ..

Dont like the 7 system
      sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Windows 7 has some Authenticity checks and some 'copies' of MS Office will flag up as corporate or educational use only and the system will not allow then to work.

If you want a genuine cheap version of MS Office 2010 get an educational version for £37.95

Get creative, productive and safe online from leading brands on software for students, personal and family, genuine software at affordable prices.

You just have to put a local school name and say it is for your son/daughter's exam work
        Cheers

Comment

Yeah, we got our son a net book for Christmas, didn't know anything about different versions of Windows 7, so it was a surprise to find that he couldn't even change the desktop background

We updated it too

Comment

What did your update cost ?
            sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Had a netbook now for about 9 months and its sh*t.
              Use the misses 17" laptop now and im going to go back to a bigger one too.
              sigpic

Comment

Just got a ASUS EeePC 1001PX from Staples as it was on offer, running XP on it and its a good little Netbook.
                Best thing is to remove all the trial-software on new machines and intall the full versions, if you have them.

Had a copy of Office from 2003 and put that on the little ASUS, yes its old and not the new all singing and dancing version but it's all I need.

Just bought this for when we go away, nice and small and still plays all my itunes movies.

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Working...
                X