mk1 lotus cortina estate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mk1 lotus cortina estate

A wee story and a possible info search and the said title car.

A very good freind of mine has a garage and mot station and while im out of work ive been spending some time there helping out etc. Now there's and old guy (79) years young come's in a few time's a week and the other day we got chatting, turns out he used to own a mk1 lotus cortina estate that was built specially for a director of ford dagenham. Now brian said that he bought the car from a car dealer in Raynham in the late 60's, the reg on the car at the time was RKW 1

Does anyone know of the car?? Oh and after a few year's he swapped it for a zodiac estate

Regards John

john it took me years to convince the lotus cortina club that mine was gold,wot do you think they would say if i told them your story.has the old chap got any pics and what colour was the estate and year of it.cheers
    sigpic

Comment

RKW 1 apears to have last been on a Hyundai
      cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

you definately got mk1 and 2 gt and also savage estates but never heard of a lotus.

Comment

Originally posted by modena green View Post
          john it took me years to convince the lotus cortina club that mine was gold,wot do you think they would say if i told them your story.has the old chap got any pics and what colour was the estate and year of it.cheers
          Kev, the car was white with the green flash along side as normal. Brian is going to have a look for some pics but does'nt think he has any What is it with some of these car club's

Regards John

Comment

Originally posted by rsjohn1 View Post
            Kev, the car was white with the green flash along side as normal. Brian is going to have a look for some pics but does'nt think he has any What is it with some of these car club's

Regards John
            i`ve put up a post on the lotus cortina site this afternoon.no replies as of yet.pictures would be good though if he has any.

Comment

Originally posted by sutty234 View Post
              i`ve put up a post on the lotus cortina site this afternoon.no replies as of yet.pictures would be good though if he has any.
              that should get noticed then,i posted on there last night under"
              where are they now" i will answer yours if you answer mine
              sigpic

Comment

could be like when your in the petrol station and the old boy comes up to you and says 'i used to have one of them,but it had 4 doors ' need pics and derek acoura to speak to the old director but oddities are always turning up,like my bruvs old 2 door mk1 granny with avo build plate
                what i need is a high horse like the others have !

Comment

some interest generated on the lotus cortina site and it could be that the car is right enough and sadly went to the great srappy in the sky in the mid 80s.this is one built from a new estate shell using lotus parts in the USA.

Comment

before anyone says about the full length bumper,cars imported into the USA had to have a full lenght bumper to pass tougher safety laws so lotus had to ditch quarter bumpers for cars exported too the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by sutty234 View Post
                      some interest generated on the lotus cortina site and it could be that the car is right enough and sadly went to the great srappy in the sky in the mid 80s.this is one built from a new estate shell using lotus parts in the USA.
                      Spoke with brian today and he has his sister who still live down in the area looking through old family photo's

He say's the number defo RKW or RWK for sure.

Im sure it will turn up in a barn somewhere

Regards John

Comment

honestly you guy should google these things

this guy claims to have one. there are some pics of it

http://www.enfostuff.com/forum/viewt...d7caa79986c1d0

Comment

Originally posted by ///Col-Col\\\ View Post
                          honestly you guy should google these things

this guy claims to have one. there are some pics of it

http://www.enfostuff.com/forum/viewt...d7caa79986c1d0
                          says its pinto power in his sig, looks good tho
                          MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post
                            says its pinto power in his sig, looks good tho
                            it also says lower down that it was crushed by the shippers

Comment

I'm sure i've seen a photo of that one i think it fell off the transporter or something like that

Comment

Working...
                              X