Dehumidifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dehumidifiers

Any body use these in there garage over winter??
    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Not personally but I know a lot of people who do.
    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Used to have it in my old garage, certainly did the trick.
      [/quote]ford-rs.co.uk

Mark
      Ex X-pack owner

Comment

Got one in the garage certainly keeps the damp out

CheeRS
        Martin

Comment

I've got a delonghi one in mine does the trick

Comment

Originally posted by scoobydoo View Post
            I've got a delonghi one in mine does the trick
            me too

Comment

Do you leave it on constantly or is it on a timer? And are they expensive (electricity cost)?

Comment

They do work, leave it on all the time, mine takes a pint of water out every three days got it from focus do it all for £19 turns its self off when full, ive no idea how much to run but also have one in the motor home it costs a lot less than damage caused by damp

Comment

Originally posted by vlv991v View Post
                  Do you leave it on constantly or is it on a timer? And are they expensive (electricity cost)?
                  The one i have just brought costs 1p per hour to run (so i am told )
                  sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

got mine from focus £60 i think,had it turned on for 2 years,never noticed any more on the electric bill,makes a big differnence.

Comment

Yep use one as well its not on all the time we use it for drying cloths in another part of the garage then pull it in to where the car is just great

Comment

Same here got mine from focus and its running 24/7 have to empty it every other day though I have it set at lowest 35% humidity have I got it set properly.?? Does work though car is always ok.
                        Naturally Aspirated Power
                        RSOC Member

Comment

Excellent buy, Think about it, it removes a considerable amount of water out of the air and this is what you need! I get 2 or 3 litres of water out of mine every 3 days or so with the humidistat set correctly, I even run it throughout the summer, switching itself on and off as required, and not noticed much increase in electricity consumption....it beats buying repair panels. Even keeps all the tools and equipment free from rust.

There are few garages about that don't get some sort of damp seeping in over the long continually damp winter months. If you can smell musty damp in your garage then you need one quick before your car seats and trim go mouldy. I have a sheet of newspaper to protect my bench and if the dehumidifier is switched off then the paper goes soft which indicates damp in the air. When the dehumidifier is switched on then the air is fresh and there is no smell whatsoever. I would not be without one.

Make sure it has a defrost facility too, as they ice up in the winter.

Tim.

Comment

I think I`ll be investing in one too especially with a steel garage
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X