Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Question

Hi all
    Bit of a strange one for you all, I sold a full set of Avo shockers on Ebay, And after been paid with paypal and sending them off ,I get a reply saying one of the rear ones is weaker than the other They worked spot on when i took them off my RS2 tho ( I only changed them because I wanted good old Bilsteins on her) , So i asked him to try adjusting them and get back to me, Hes been back on saying its still weaker and can he have a refund, I dont mind giving him his money back If it comes to that! but what happens about postage costs and Ebay selling fees that I will get charged for? I have 100% feedback and never had to do a refund before and to be honest Im a bit lost with how i stand with it all
    Cheers Paul
    sigpic

Two options:-

Refund on return.
    If you test them and he is right I woudl refund entire costs including postage.
    If he is wrong I would refund the entire purchase price.
    If you refund using the original Paypal details page that will also automatically refund you Paypal fees.
    You will then have to go into Ebay 'more actions', unmark as payment received, if neccessary, (Paypal should do this automatically) then 'resolve a problem' where you can state item returned for refund.
    This will then (after due course) get you a refund on your ebay fees.
    After all that the buyer can stil neg you at any time, even after a full refund.

Do nothing.
    Let the buyer issue a claim via Paypal
    Which if you have proof of postage will not be upheld.
    Paypal only need a proof of postage should a claim back be issued against you.
    And get a definate Neg.
    That's my reading on it anyway,

The joys of ebay.
    We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

Thanks for advice mate spoke to lad this morning and hes been sound about it,So sorted a refund with no hassle and hes standing the postage,So alls well that ends well,
      cheers Paul
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X