X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Higgins - R.I.P

cheeRS

DAVE

Shame he was a proper character and inspiration to so many snooker players.

Was found in sheltered housing where he died with no money and all alone

RIP Alex a peoples champion
    Cheers

Comment

you couldn`t help but love this guy!!
      I remember watching him and seeing his cheeks dissapear as he took a "drag" on his cigarette!!
      He was a real bad boy of snooker!! and watching him playing was great!!
      Total opposite to boring Steve Davis!!!!
      Very sad he died so young!!

Comment

he was also in my father in laws car coming back from the golf club and stole the woman next to hims purse, not a great one

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6wLagsmuaM he looked bad in Feb this year
          sigpic

Comment

rip

Comment

when i worked for cental tv in the 90 doing the snooker meet him loads of times great bloke,but the hangers on killed him,one time at blackpool norbreak hotel when playing there he missed his match so he went to the bar in the hotel and brought everone a drink in there and it was packed wot a bloke r.i.p.

Comment

Definately the people's champion.
                Certainly down on his luck the last twenty years and has been struggling with Cancer throughout.
                He challanged authority and shook the game of snooker up. All he ever asked for was a level playing field for all players. In an era were the organisers of tournaments were also playing in it this rarely happened and they did try so hard to 'get rid' of him. Not that he made their task very difficult by his behaviour both on and off the table.

He was fun to watch though, and on his death I will think about the early years, the good times, distance the bad and remember him fondly.
                RIP Sandy.
                We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

Higgins

R.I.P. Alex,a great player,sad you fell out with the authority's and let the hangers on help you spend all you money.Pity that you finished up in Sheltered Housing too,but RIP Alex

Comment

Tribute BBC 2 Now

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Originally posted by Aled View Post
                      Tribute BBC 2 Now
                      watched this, great characater in the game, some good tales told to, loved the game between him and jimmy
                      MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Yes he was a character Dave.....the game came to life when he was involved

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Grew up watching him play, and Jimmy White. Sadly missed and a true rebel.
                          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Working...
                          X