Busy afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busy afternoon

Had a busy afternoon, fitted my new front springs, i put 145lb -1" on, i was amazed at the difference in the springs when i sat them side by side, i understand the old ones to be 145lb +1". ( i thought i had bought the wrong ones ). the old ones have a green paint mark and a white paint mark ??????
    i also fitted my 7" wheels, what a nightmare , i couldn't get the back ones on, i had to pull them on with the nuts in the end, after rubbing down the drum and centerbore with emery.
    i will post pics when i get chance of my new lower front end, don't know whether its too low now though. oh well its done now

if you had to pull the 7's on with the nuts they will be a bolloxs to get off again, you should have emeried the edge of the wheel centre back as well, I had exactly the some prob on the fronts and ended up with a block of wood and a big hammer !!! no damage though

Comment

i did mate, but i was in a rush to get them on in the end, so would probably be best to get them off again sometime soon.
      i think they look mucking fint on. lovely stuff

Comment

I had the same issue with fitting the 7's on the rear.

Comment

Be....atch aren't they, did you just rub them down in the end ?

Comment

heres a pic of the old and new springs, old ones on the left with a green and a white mark on them, ones on the right are 145lb -1", any ideas what poundage the other one is?

Comment

by the look of it 230+ they are thick mate

Comment

according to a receipt i am sure it said 145, so you can see why i was concerned when i took them off the actual 145's are a damn sight smaller. i wonder why he needed them so heavy and raising it by an inch too.

Comment

just dont think they are 145's mate they are 1/2 as big again diameter spring steel

Comment

i agree with you buddy, to bloddy big aren't they

Comment

Working...
                    X