TV Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Help!

Does anybody know how to connect an LG LCD TV to the hi fi system??

Thought it would be as simple as plugging the audio leads from the TV to the Aux input on the amp...then turning off the internal tv speakers...but apparently not!

I have now exhausted my severely limited abilities...help appreciated please guys!

Simon

Originally posted by roths View Post
    Does anybody know how to connect an LG LCD TV to the hi fi system??

Thought it would be as simple as plugging the audio leads from the TV to the Aux input on the amp...then turning off the internal tv speakers...but apparently not!

I have now exhausted my severely limited abilities...help appreciated please guys!

Simon

i find its best to ask the kids(works every time in my house!)
    sigpic

Comment

worth a try!

or do you mean the "kids" who work in the shop I bought it from?!...lol

Comment

Depends what the output on the TV is, if it's component then you may have to go into the audio settings on the TV to enable it, I did my parents LG/DVD home cinema but I used the optical cable, that was straight forward. Ran the optical from the Virgin box to the optical on the DVD/home cinema amp and that worked a treat, the only thing is the volume on the TV has to be muted/turned all the way down as there is a slight delay between the two and it gets a bit of an echo effect going on.
        If anybody needs any cables then try this place http://www.kenable.co.uk/ they are pretty good, cheap, fast delivery and I've not had anything bad off them yet.
        sigpic

Push everything to the limit
        if it breaks it wasn't strong enough
        rebuild it and try again !

My car in vBGarage

Comment

ah!

I've been trying with normal cables.....as my amp doesn't have an optical input.

Maybe another trip to Richer Sounds beckons, to ask the guys there...

Comment

Working...
          X