X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bishops's alternative cotswold wildlife park extravaganza

0820 set off from home for a fun day in the sun
    1030 arrive after a really enjoyable faultless drive up
    1200 pick up some superb lighting contraband from ??? ( many thanks you know who you are )
    1300 have a look at the 'other' animals
    1500 another walk around the cars this time taking pictures
    1645 after the show we decide to slide off, car starts on the button as usual but seems a bit lumpy ( it'll clear on the road )
    1700 car is running a bag of $hit and wont idle, we pull over........
    1718 i call the AA
    1730 mrs pop and mrs smurf pull in to see if we are ok ( AA on their way - thank you for stopping )
    1800 mr pop and pappa smurf pull in, get amongst the faulty car and diagnose a suspect coil
    1830 really nice AA patrolman pulls up, an ex mk1 mexico and mk2 rs2000 owner ( arent they all? ) has a play swaps coil car now starts but runs badly, has more of a play and recognises we really need to be recovered home
    1930 very nice AA patrolman books a recovery lorry its been a busy day but assures me it will be about 1.5 hours but no more than 3 hours
    2100 funny farmer pulls up in his tractor - has a clubman spec mk1 and we talk cars for half an hour
    2200 i re-call the AA to see if a recovery really will be available by 2230
    2210 i get a call back to say lorry will be at 1120
    2245 i get another call back saying lorry will now be 0030
    2300 farmer comes back past in his van, brandishing pictures of his mk1
    0030 AA call me, their lorry isnt coming, the driver has run out of hours, but a contractor recovery firm will pick us up.......... at 0230
    0100 the AA patrolman who helped first time around pulls in again bleating down the phone to his operators to help out, forecast is now 0245
    0200 a knight in shining armour flashes all his yellow spinny lights at us
    0406 we get home........... 11 hours after we broke down

yeah thats right, the sun was indeed coming up

shocking mate , i take it you've had a proper lie in then & day off work ..
    PAUL

Comment

should av taken me up on me offer son(not to buy her) would av got you home quicker than that. KEV CURTIS RECOVERY.the 5th emergency service
      sigpic

Comment

what were the farmers MK1 pics like

gutted for lee....very frustrating...only if you knew if it was going to be silly oclock, im sure papa smurf would of been there for your distress call

we stopped at a garage nearby for a coil but no luck

get it fixed asap then get out in it, looked great btw and i do like the wheels now ive seen it in the flesh
        MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

yeah i forget how many times we discussed alternative options.....pmsl

but when they say "in a minute............"

Comment

Many thanks btw to keV and robbo for stopping to help

Comment

dont get down hearted about the old girl ,teething probs,get yourself a few parts to carry in the boot basic toolkit just for piece of mind.weve all broken down at some stage,as dave said car was lookin good even in the lay by. ps. would always stop to help out......specially my elders
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post
                what were the farmers pics like

sigpic

Comment

sorry to hear about your plight Bish but as the lads have said the car is a good un so get some spares and enjoy it
                  Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lee bishop View Post
                    0820 set off from home for a fun day in the sun
                    1030 arrive after a really enjoyable faultless drive up
                    1200 pick up some superb lighting contraband from ??? ( many thanks you know who you are )
                    1300 have a look at the 'other' animals
                    1500 another walk around the cars this time taking pictures
                    1645 after the show we decide to slide off, car starts on the button as usual but seems a bit lumpy ( it'll clear on the road )
                    1700 car is running a bag of $hit and wont idle, we pull over........
                    1718 i call the AA
                    1730 mrs pop and mrs smurf pull in to see if we are ok ( AA on their way - thank you for stopping )
                    1800 mr pop and pappa smurf pull in, get amongst the faulty car and diagnose a suspect coil
                    1830 really nice AA patrolman pulls up, an ex mk1 mexico and mk2 rs2000 owner ( arent they all? ) has a play swaps coil car now starts but runs badly, has more of a play and recognises we really need to be recovered home
                    1930 very nice AA patrolman books a recovery lorry its been a busy day but assures me it will be about 1.5 hours but no more than 3 hours
                    2100 funny farmer pulls up in his tractor - has a clubman spec mk1 and we talk cars for half an hour
                    2200 i re-call the AA to see if a recovery really will be available by 2230
                    2210 i get a call back to say lorry will be at 1120
                    2245 i get another call back saying lorry will now be 0030
                    2300 farmer comes back past in his van, brandishing pictures of his mk1
                    0030 AA call me, their lorry isnt coming, the driver has run out of hours, but a contractor recovery firm will pick us up.......... at 0230
                    0100 the AA patrolman who helped first time around pulls in again bleating down the phone to his operators to help out, forecast is now 0245
                    0200 a knight in shining armour flashes all his yellow spinny lights at us
                    0406 we get home........... 11 hours after we broke down

yeah thats right, the sun was indeed coming up
                    Crap service from th AA then Lee oh and nice car mate, what was the problem?

Comment

should of got mrs pop to drive mrs smurfs blue shed and you could of loaded it onto the back of the beerstand

Nutty Professor

Comment

Originally posted by topaz View Post
                        should of got mrs pop to drive mrs smurfs blue shed and you could of loaded it onto the back of the beerstand
                        any more bright ideas keep um to your "kin" self,thought about takin me coil off the tractor for NUB THE SEQUEL but its lovely with a nice blue ford sticker on it so there it stayed
                        sigpic

Comment

You shudda phoned me up....I was on nights and needed cheering up pmsl

Oh, by the way.....you need chrome edged indicator lenses, that will solve the problem

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

unlucky mate what was the problem -mk1's are all fun

Comment

surely with the use of a couple of railway sleepers and rope you could have got the 'bluey' and 'tc' on the back of the 'merc droper' sideways on ...................... admittedly as a w i d e load, but mrs pop and co could have then driven infront warning others of impending wing mirror doom

anyway son, look on the bright side, at least it weren't raining

Comment

Working...
                              X