X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO GazW

Hi Gaz have you sorted the knocking noise

I was looking at you pic of the axle and lowering blocks

the blocks are inbetween the rubber and and the axle they should be on top of the bush holder next to the axle you will ruin the bushes and the axle will not locate correctly !!

like this Gaz

where they are now the axle will twist forward under acceleration, as theres not way to get the u bolts tight enough that the isolator pads wont flex alot , especially with the small surface area of the lowering blocks

whats probably happening is the anti tramp bars bushes are banging under load but when you stop they feel tight and so does everything else, you cant compress poly rubber that it wont move, without actually breaking through so the metel is against metel if you understand what I mean mate

worth a try though

anyone else agree/disagree ?

Comment

Comment

i concur................good spot brian! its funny how you can look at something for ages before you realise whats wrong......

Comment

All sorted now

well done to the eagle eyed 2
          sigpic

Comment

not being big headed bu ti said about the lower block being located when u first mention the proplem

Comment

Originally posted by rallyslag
              not being big headed bu ti said about the lower block being located when u first mention the proplem
              #

yes mate you did, sorry i didnt pick up on it but i honestly could not see where i had gone wrong , as i said to paul and brian , the way i put it back together was the way that everything seemed to fit perfectly
              sigpic

Comment

glad its all sorted just in time for the bank holiday

Comment

Working...
                X