Youngsters Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youngsters Insurance

Any recommendations for good/cheap insurance for learner drivers, been looking to get my 17 year old a car, he wants a Corsa , had a few online quotes ...£1300 for a one litre car thats worth about the same price, no wonder a lot of people ride round with no insurance.

Anyway, any hints or tips to reduce this appreciated.

All the best, Paul
    sigpic

insurance at our age is silly money. to be honest £1300 is good for 17 year olds. some of my friends are spending over £2000 on insurance for a car worth a quarter of that. my 1100 mk2 is £750 a year but the best by far (but doesn't really have must street credit at 17 ) is a morris minor as footman james have a deal with mmoc members and my friends moggie 1000 its £550 a year

Comment

stick a 2.0 lump in it - then you get good value for money

Nutty Professor

Comment

scrap the old dog
        Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Originally posted by RUDDY View Post
          Any recommendations for good/cheap insurance for learner drivers, been looking to get my 17 year old a car, he wants a Corsa , had a few online quotes ...£1300 for a one litre car thats worth about the same price, no wonder a lot of people ride round with no insurance.

Anyway, any hints or tips to reduce this appreciated.

All the best, Paul
          Paul ,a sex change will halve the insurance
          Seriously ,sounds about the going rate for a lad ,try using the online sites confused etc and add yourself and wife as named drivers, will bring the quote down ,saved my daughter about £450 by adding myself and wife to her policy ,thats on a 1.2 Corsa comfort 2001 Y plate and shes still a learner.
          CheeRS Neil

Comment

£1300 is very good , the 2x 19 year old lads at work have 1 litre corsas and pay nearly £2000 and they have 2 years no claims !!!!! . Fooooooookin rip off if you ask me and that's why nobodys got insurance .

P.S. those 3 cylinder corsas are shite , hatefull things to work on as well . Get him something else , a proper classic 1 litre Mini is much better .
            sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
            Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
            12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

sorry for asking..

the money you refer above
              are the money sb has to pay only for insurance??

Comment

Originally posted by mk1gaz View Post
                Get him something else , a proper classic 1 litre Mini is much better .
                Agree (again) With Gaz on this.....

£1300 isn't bad really, Neighbour's lad (18) pays well over 2k for his insurance on a Corsa.
                Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

just got insurance for my 17yo daughter 1.4 saxo westcoast £990 tpft , me and the mrs as named driver from Diamond (same as elephant and admiral)

Comment

Working...
                  X