This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need to start again
    Ok I will lol I just hope the comittie has the balls to own up to making the mistake on sunday and try and sort it all out.
    If you read my thread which I think most have you will see wot happened.
    Ps great bottle of wiskey you had there john
    *Edited*

Comment

Yes very true but i was up just to make sure he was up so that i could have a power nappy cos jimmy talked all night in his sleep about 49 shell

Comment

i dont post too often, but just felt id like to give my opinion on the events last weekend.
        Firstly as usual brillent weekend, the tour was awsome, great catching up with all the usual suspects again.
        The way i see things is like this,
        1. The car was put into expert class because it was "trailered", in my opinion the car should have been in modified class, ie the class that suits the standard of the car, not the way it was taken to the event.

2. Obviously 3 cars- 2 drivers, if i hadnt used the lorry(not a trailer) i would'nt have been able to bring al the cars to the show.

3. The reason (my opinion) that trailers are banned from modified class is that it is to stop top class concours cars from expert class entering modofied class. There is no way STW could enter expert class as it gets driven all the time, we did drive it aprox 160 miles the day before(there should be pics somewhere) and we did drive it into the show.When i was told on sunday morning that i had to change class i was not happy at all, after some discussions with the concours organisers i was led to belive the car would stay in modified.
        It wasn't until the awards were announced that i realised that it wasn't changed.Dont get me wrong im no pot hunter, i just enjoy the crack with the lads, theres no way i would have driven round the lakes( one of the best days ive had for a very long time) if i had intended to put it into exp class.

As regards race class, i read in rally news about it, though it said "if there is enough interest" they would run it",so didnt think it was confirmed, nor did it mention pre 81, post 81, cosworth, non coswoth etc.
        Anyway ive said enough on the matter and i wont be commenting on it again.
        Again a big thank you to steve and the team for putting on a great show, theres no way the cumbria rs show would be as big as it is if it wasnt for the tour and the input and effort these guys put in,also not forgetting my old wing man mr love who knew every turn and bump on the tour lol.

As some of you know seamus a big off in the carlow rally last weekend, i would just like to thank everyone for all the texts and calls wishing him a speedy recovery.

PS, the wife thinks were a bunch of old fannies lol

Comment

Working...
        X