Atlas's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlas's

Hi all, what's the difference between fully floating and semi floating Atlas's, I've been offered one that fits my new Mk2 with ZF Quaife diff, semi floater, 5 linked , braced and guarded and a 5:1 for £1500.What do ya think?
    Andy
    Cossie engine, T38 turbo, HT Racing sump, 2wd Cossie gearbox, RS2000 nosecone and Gp4 Mk2 parts for sale.

It doesn't have the fully floating GRP4 hubs.

Semi floating is basically a Quaife shaft with a hub bolted to it on the same bearing as a normal axle......

My grp4 is ordered, my clubmans semi is for sale

Comment

The Quaife "semi-floating" hub has the (better) bearing much further outboard than a standard shaft bearing and thus virtually eliminates the problem of pad knock-off you get with fitting rear discs to a standard axle.
      Quaife Atlas diffs are claimed to have some scope for adjustment (unlike Quaife english) but cant be compared to a ZF Atlas.

Comment

I have the semi floater and changing it because of pad knock off LOL....

Ok for calipers on sliders, as pad knock off doesn't occur, its only when the calipers are fixed. IE like 4 pots and not single pots

Comment

Working...
        X