DVLA Site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVLA Site?

Sure it was on this BBoard. You can put in your registration and get details of last tax etc??

This one. It says there is a problem but you can still click on vehicle check and get the results.

Chris.

More of Banishit's Handywork!!!

Comment

http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/application;JSESSIONID_EvlPortalApp=C2rT21IZ9kc2W2 ljWzc6b7K77NSr1L43DMj2Kwwv7vy8XwdSiHOP!-424276738!-209579030?origin=vnav_bar.jsp&event=bea.portal.fra mework.internal.refresh&pageid=Vehicle+Enquiry

Comment

Cheers Guys....I got a penalty of £40 for a TR7 Convertible I sold in AUgust.......any advice. I reckon the new guy didnt register it or the docs got lost.....it didnt even need a SORN in the first place as it wasnt taxed since before Jan 1998!!

Comment

Hi all,

I had a big argument with the DVLA over SORN a couple of years back....

I told them I would "see them in court" as they were trying to charge me for something
          I didn't have any control over, and something that was pretty aragant of them in the first
          place. Yer should have seen my letters to them.....I took no prisoners!

I bought a new off-road motorcycle and needed it imported with registration docs
          and a number plate etc. The only way to get a number plate is to tax and insure it at the
          same time....It was all done via the importer here in the UK. I never ever had it on the
          public road.

With the bike a year old I got a nasty letter regarding SORN from the DVLA. I was pretty
          p****d at them because the first letter I got from them about the whole thing was a fine,
          no warning letter nothing. Who on earth does business like that!

Anyway, all hell broke loose and I refused to pay. I told them to re-send the SORN paperwork
          without mentioning the words "you are fined" and giving me a chance to fill the paperwork in
          ....whereupon I would sign it. They did....and in the end I never heard another thing.

The DVLA are "trying it on" with the 40 quid fine thing in my opinion....if you've never been
          warned or given any notice then what they are doing is illegal......DON'T PAY!

Ian.

Comment

Thanks Ian...I am going to send them a stinker!!

BTW...like your two mates in the photo!!....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MalcolmRs2000
              BTW...like your two mates in the photo!!....LOL
              Ahhhh, the luvvly Mandy & Michelle........and me of course!

For fun at weekends I'm soundman for a 14-piece Soul band - http://www.souledasylum.co.uk

That piccy was taken at the band's xmas night out.....the alcohol was flowing....:-)

Ian.

Comment

Just been on & had a look at my RS details,it was last on the road in 1985.
                sigpic

Comment

If i buy a car unlicensed that has'nt been on the road for years (pre 98) and i want to register in my name do i have to sorn it?
                  sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                  X