Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbers...

...Gordon Browns crew

Ordered a couple of small 'NOS' parts for the car from USA, including shipping it only came to £52, now postie wont let me have them until I fork out another £14.50 to Gordon Brown.

I know the old trick of sending stuff as a present or sample and I dont mind paying a little something to be on the right side of the law but the tax just seems too high ...

son
    sigpic

i got 'nailed' for the extra tax when i bought two sets of X pack bonnet locks eight years ago........

cheeRS
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by graham John View Post
      i got 'nailed' for the extra tax when i bought two sets of X pack bonnet locks eight years ago........

cheeRS
      so did i when i bought mine last year
      Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

sell up son and move on

Comment

Originally posted by RUDDY View Post
          ...Gordon Browns crew

Ordered a couple of small 'NOS' parts for the car from USA, including shipping it only came to £52, now postie wont let me have them until I fork out another £14.50 to Gordon Brown.

I know the old trick of sending stuff as a present or sample and I dont mind paying a little something to be on the right side of the law but the tax just seems too high ...

son
          Has postie not hammered you for a handling fee as well?
          I've stopped buying gear from USA because of this. I found it didn't matter wether it was marked gift or not it was all down to the insured value of the contents.
          Complete rip off.
          We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

i think over the last 6 months thay have found how easy it is to sqeeze more out of us soft targets buying stuff from overseas, as for a few years now i have been buying loads from america and canada, models, bike parts, car parts and bits for work, must have had over 40 parcels over 3-4 years with no tax demands from the post office, then around six months ago i bought an exhaust for the bike with a few other bits for around £500, postie turned up and asked me for an extra £22, not too bad really as the kit over here would have cost me well ove £300 more in the UK, but ever since everything i have bought over £20-£30 in the last six months the post office have asked for tax money, so they have definatly seen a moneymaking opertunity in my opinion, maybe Keiran can shed some more light on things, what happens to the gear if you say bollox keep it i aint paying, will they return to sender if it a low value part???

Comment

I had to pay £140 import duty to UPS before they delivered a parcel. Gave them a cheque on delivery and then cancelled the cheque same day not heard anything since.

Nutty Professor

Comment

Originally posted by topaz View Post
                I had to pay £140 import duty to UPS before they delivered a parcel. Gave them a cheque on delivery and then cancelled the cheque same day not heard anything since.

Comment

Look stop moaning Someone has to pay our MPs expenses
                  sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Working...
                  X