This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine / carb set up...Midlands

Does anyone know of anywhere GOOD that does engine/carb set ups in the midlands .

Got my car running on saturday with the new engine , but i also had new carbs for it and these will need setting up .

cheers
    sigpic

dont custom know any one also give phil or mick at RACE a call and ask them who they use they are in Stoke 01782 523664
    Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

I have been told to take mine to a bloke called Russ in Ollerton who sets up all the local Grass track/Rally cars and is supposed to be mustard with a Pinto and excellent on price. I will get his number for you
      Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

theres a guy at viking rover dismantlers in kings norton he was the pick up truck champion, hes a wiz with webers tuned mine first time round brill went to mick in cradley heath been disapointed ever since , lost 10 bhp and it pinks all the time

Comment

heres his web site gaz
          http://www.vikingautodismantlers.co.uk/

Comment

russ,s number is 07976961442,and theres ike @chatsworth motors, 01246 278633, ike is old school but a carb specielist and dealer,has a rolling road but you have to book. both are good.

Comment

Originally posted by rs new boy View Post
              theres a guy at viking rover dismantlers in kings norton he was the pick up truck champion, hes a wiz with webers tuned mine first time round brill went to mick in cradley heath been disapointed ever since , lost 10 bhp and it pinks all the time
              Tried mick last year with my old carbs , was totally disapointed with him ,got car back it was exactly the same as when i took it in, only i was £130 lighter in my pocket

cheers for the other replies lads , will give them a call
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by harrier mark 2 View Post
                russ,s number is 07976961442,and theres ike @chatsworth motors, 01246 278633, ike is old school but a carb specielist and dealer,has a rolling road but you have to book. both are good.

if you ring russ tell him richie put you onto him, hes a good friend of mine. we used to race together. hes a good lad.

Comment

If you fancy a trip across to Congleton there's Mikeanics, telephopne number 01260 297115 and web site http://jc-webs.co.uk/mikeanics/
                  sigpic

Push everything to the limit
                  if it breaks it wasn't strong enough
                  rebuild it and try again !

My car in vBGarage

Comment

It's a shame Graham Hickman of RAT (rolling road autotune) is still not around, I remember taking mine down to him in Gt Martley, Worcester after buying one of his stage 3 heads and comp dizzy. The engine was a new 2.1 with 48's, he was a wizard, dragged every inch of power from that engine. Guys like him seem to be rare, blokes who knew there stuff, old school.

Going back further in the mid 80's I used to use Lafhey performance centre in Lye, Stourbridge. It was a father and son set up, same again real talent, after a couple of months I would take my Mexico to him before a Road rally event and the car would seem like it had a new lease of life, nothing was new on the car just him tip top tuning it.

Sorry not much help as non of them still trade, just a trip down memory lane

Comment

do you have a lambda boss in exhaust?

Comment

try aldon automotive,hade my crossflow set up there last year can't recomend them enough,they have two tuner's one who can do standard cars & one who does the race cars,mine ran like a sack of shite,got it back totally diffent car for the better,i think the guys name was alan (the owner)he still answers the phone they are in brierlyhill birmingham

here is the link
                        sigpic

Comment

Aldon are good, can recomend them too.

If you had a lambda boss in exhaust i would do it for you, as under load on the road, is slightly different to dyno or rollers, if no boss then rollers is best option.

And results off rollers are good enough, as engines can actually be quite far out on fueling and still run well, and give good power.

Advance curves in the dizzy also important.

Who ever does it it will take time to get it right so an hour run on rollers no good.

Good luck hope you get it sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingpilot View Post
                            It's a shame Graham Hickman of RAT (rolling road autotune) is still not around, I remember taking mine down to him in Gt Martley, Worcester after buying one of his stage 3 heads and comp dizzy. The engine was a new 2.1 with 48's, he was a wizard, dragged every inch of power from that engine. Guys like him seem to be rare, blokes who knew there stuff, old school.

Going back further in the mid 80's I used to use Lafhey performance centre in Lye, Stourbridge. It was a father and son set up, same again real talent, after a couple of months I would take my Mexico to him before a Road rally event and the car would seem like it had a new lease of life, nothing was new on the car just him tip top tuning it.

Sorry not much help as non of them still trade, just a trip down memory lane
                            yes, good guys indeed

cheeRS
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
                              I have been told to take mine to a bloke called Russ in Ollerton who sets up all the local Grass track/Rally cars and is supposed to be mustard with a Pinto and excellent on price. I will get his number for you
                              Originally posted by harrier mark 2 View Post
                              Originally posted by richie View Post
                              if you ring russ tell him richie put you onto him, hes a good friend of mine. we used to race together. hes a good lad.
                              Spoke to Russ today , taxing the car 1st april then taking it to him , comes across as a very knowledgeable chap when it comes to tuning pinto's

cheers lads
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X