Breakdown Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakdown Recovery

Can anyone reccomend a company they have used. AA, RAC etc are no good as the car is 31 years old and they dont want to know.
    I have it thrown in with the insurance on the capri but my new insurer does'nt offer it.
    The capri broke down on the Snowdonia Tour last year with a destroyed wheel bearing in the middle of nowhere, the recovery driver told me the bill would have been over £350 to take me home if I was'nt covered, so it was worth the extra little bit on top of my premiums IMO just to be on the safe side.
    sigpic

havent heard to the aa/rac refusing vehicles before .... if you get yourself a policy that allows you to drive any vehicle then surely you'll be covered on anything ..... including a 31 yr old car

thats what i'm doing anyway!

RSOC members get a 25% discount with the RAC too (dont know if you're a member or not

my car in the vBGarage

***Don't Fool With The Old Skool***

Comment

no reason to refuse service m8, if you have recovery and we cant fix at the roadside you will get recovered home/garage etc.

Comment

been to a few cars over 31 years old m8, i have sorted them but did have to put an e type on a truck.

even went to a minty mint marina driven but a transvestite or saturday (no if want frosty or spence)

Comment

have a word with AndyC he certainly gets value for money

cheeRS
          sigpic

Comment

check the small print with your bank, we were suprised to find out that lloyds cover breakdown/recovery
            MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Jon, did you not try Hagerty?....they have recovery included in their cheap quotes.

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Originally posted by vinny View Post
                been to a few cars over 31 years old m8, i have sorted them but did have to put an e type on a truck.

even went to a minty mint marina driven but a transvestite or saturday (no if want frosty or spence)
                Taff or Tongy then
                Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Originally posted by graham John View Post
                  have a word with AndyC he certainly gets value for money

cheeRS
                  A
                  Jon ask Aled

Comment

Originally posted by Andyc View Post
                    A
                    Jon ask Aled

Jon

Prior to getting recovery included with my insurance, I used 'Auto Aid' by Boncaster Insurance. I have just had my renewal form but don't need it now. I used them dozens of times and very good value. It covers any car you are travelling in and costs just £35.00 per year.

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Originally posted by Aled View Post

Jon

Prior to getting recovery included with my insurance, I used 'Auto Aid' by Boncaster Insurance. I have just had my renewal form but don't need it now. I used them dozens of times and very good value. It covers any car you are travelling in and costs just £35.00 per year.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ins...FcJd4wodG3CRdg
                      See i knew you would know

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post
                        check the small print with your bank, we were suprised to find out that lloyds cover breakdown/recovery
                        Have mine with Lloyds as part of my bank account. As the AA says, You are the member, not the car
                        Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
                          Have mine with Lloyds as part of my bank account. As the AA says, You are the member, not the car
                          What the fo oock do you need breakdown cover for Kev as its always on a trailer an way

Comment

Originally posted by Andyc View Post
                            What the fo oock do you need breakdown cover for Kev as its always on a trailer an way
                            Oh, the cheek of it......
                            Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

The AA or RAC don't like anything thats not standard, if you say the car is modified they can refuse you cover as they will deem you a higher breakdown risk.

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Working...
                              X