a good turn gone bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a good turn gone bad

i collected a set of 4 ronals on friday morning for sean mc and strapped them below a cover on the trailer,i set of to cardiff to load for home, got my load on and set of for fishguard harbour,when i got there i checked my load and check the rims and all was ok, when i was getn back into my lorry when we docked in rosslare i noticed a man walking up past the back of my trailer and getn into his white hiace van when he drove past me getn of the boat he looked up and drove off, i got of and headed up the road for home and stopped just outside dublin to get euros for the toll bridge at droghda i noticed 1 of the straps at the back over the rims was of and 1 of the rims was misssing, now i dont know if the man took the rim or sum 1 slackined the strap on the boat but i now need a rim to replace the 1 that went missing, so this is 1 good turn that has went bad for me.
    so if any 1 has a spare 7inch ronal for sale let me know i will be putting a bit up in the wanted section.
    *Edited*

thats crap mate, typical tho you try to do a good turn and sometimes wish you hadn't. There are some :winka: out there
    Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

V Sorry Richard to Hear that For you and Sean. Just unlucky

Richard ,
      Sorry to hear that. I know Sean he not be blaming you.
      But I know the fix , your in.
      Were they new and does it have to be a new rim.
      What colour and size, take it 13" x 7".?

Keep my eye out for one. I like to see you both out of the fix. have you a pix or link to one .I have heard or Rondall wheel but not sure what it look like.
      You did a good turn, and we all do. Fair play.
      If we dont help each other , then it a hard life and I alway enjoy getting or helping other out. Rather than for myself.
      You feel much better ,when you help a friend frist rather than yourself.
      Like Sean esspically. But its a small thing to sort and one will turn up. Could be harder proplem to sort

Keep spreading the news,your looking one

Brendan
      Were not here for a long time, were here for a good time. Colin McRae.

Live to Rally, Rally to live. and I really mean it.

Comment

Richard Contact the ferry operator and tell them you had a theft on one of their sailings, they will check the cameras for you, if they see what went on they will act on your behalf as they do not take to kindly to this sort of thing on their boats.

I have a friend that had a transit wing mirror glass removed during a sailing, co incidentaly the van in front which was also a transit had a missing wing mirror, they checked the cameras and sorted the whole issue for him with the guilty party.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          Richard Contact the ferry operator and tell them you had a theft on one of their sailings, they will check the cameras for you, if they see what went on they will act on your behalf as they do not take to kindly to this sort of thing on their boats.

I have a friend that had a transit wing mirror glass removed during a sailing, co incidentaly the van in front which was also a transit had a missing wing mirror, they checked the cameras and sorted the whole issue for him with the guilty party.
          i rang stena ferries when i seen the rim was missing and they said they wud check the onboard cameras and get back to me.
          *Edited*

Comment

may you thaught he was driveing a reliant robin hence DELL BOY wat u think Dick

Comment

What a nightmare

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

Thats pretty sh1t for something like that to happen
                Hope you get somewhere with it
                sigpic

Comment

That just sucks.
                  Hopefully Stena will get it sorted.
                  We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

that's Sh** news Richard, thieving Scumbags
                    Cheers

Comment

bad luck richard, hopefully the cameras picked up something.

Comment

really bad luck this for u,hope theyve got them on the cameras+u get sorted out

Comment

Thats not nice Richard, sounds like our boys in hiaces all right. sad part is it will probably end up in a salvage yard with a pile of other scrap metal.

I was leaving a trailer load of old copper from a house restoration into the local recycling yard one day and spotted a shiny 17'' bmw wheel in a pile with other aluminium, brand new not a mark on the rims or nut seats. asked the guy and said , "oh the knackers brought that in with a pile of stuff". ... some poor sucker has no spare wheel in his beemer now.

Robert
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by richard wilson View Post
                            i collected a set of 4 ronals on friday morning for sean mc and strapped them below a cover on the trailer,i set of to cardiff to load for home, .
                            where in Cardiff Richard,

not too far from a few on here,

cheeRS
                            sigpic

Comment

That's the knackers for you, worse than blackbirds for robbin shiny things. Good for the same thing too if you ask me trap em in a cage and put a cartridge in them
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X