what would you do ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you do ?

had a problem with a ebay auction where some of parts listed in the auction didnt turn up, one of them I really really wanted... the problem is I think this maybe someone we know. Had good ish comms while getting the stuff delivered, but since then I have heard nothing back apart from one mail say one part had been given to some other auction winner and the other item I have had no news about.

Hi Kel,
    Either tell ebay whats went on so they can contact them or,
    get their phone number and call them to find out whats going on, if you won the bids you should have their name/address etc call directory inquiries.
    If its not good news then name and shame!

cheeRS Ders.

Comment

CheeRS Ders

I have contacted Ebay/Paypal, I now seem to have two auction problems.

Comment

Kel, thats a tough one, especially like you say, if you know the person. You should at least be entitled to your money back as a last resort, Whats the chances of getting the bits again ??, tough call, sorry

Comment

thanks Ian, I have put in the hands of PayPal. £130 out of pocket

Comment

As a last resort, do you know their whereabouts??, if they are a decent person, shouldn,t have a problem, if not, could get confrontational. £130 is a decent amount of money. again, tough call.

Comment

You can request sellers details through ebay ,which should give telephone number and address ,if you havnt got them already.

Keep sending emails to seller as they do go astray occassionally.

Hope you get sorted as a negative feedback dont help much when your down £130.

Neil
              CheeRS Neil

Comment

arnt you covered now for up to £1000 when using pay-pal?
                may be able to claim your cash back.
                😯

Comment

No not on all ,its down to individual sellers and if they qualify, see below.

1. PayPal Buyer Protection - When you pay for a qualified listing with PayPal, this programme provides coverage up to £500 at no additional cost. To see if an item is covered, look for the following picture in the "seller information" section on the listing and confirm the item's eligibility.
                  Transactions Covered by PayPal Buyer Protection

If you paid for an item and never received it or received an item that was significantly not as described, your transaction must meet each of the following requirements to be eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection:
                  The PayPal Buyer Protection icon must be displayed in the Seller Information box on eBay
                  Your purchase must be a physical item — services and intangible items are not covered
                  You must use PayPal to pay for the item and must use the seller's email address associated with the listing. To make sure of this, use the grey Pay Now button you'll see when the listing closes on eBay.
                  PayPal Buyer Protection Rules
                  You may only file one claim per PayPal payment
                  Claims must be filed within 45 days of the PayPal payment
                  You may not file a claim if you are simply disappointed with the item you have received. Items must be significantly not as described or never received.
                  You are limited to three PayPal Buyer Protection refunds per calendar year.
                  You must be willing to provide information during the investigation process. If we are unable to obtain the necessary information, your case may be cancelled without a refund.

2. eBay Standard Purchase Protection Programme - Most other items are covered up to £120 (minus a £15 processing fee) under the Standard Purchase Protection Programme.

Neil
                  CheeRS Neil

Comment

well by that, I'm covered. Just waiting an answe from PayPal now

Comment

any news yet kel ?

Comment

I find out tomorrow, Paypal have had no response from the sellers; so if they dont respond back by tomorrow the claim goes forward & I get paid/refunded (i hope).

got done a 3rd time, a pair of m16's in good condition that were completely sieze from a trader I thought we could trust... getting a joke now.

Comment

sorry to hear that, hope you get sorted

Comment

I reckon you should name and shame them mate and then lets pay them a visit and get the bits or the money back

Comment

Name and shame - having been done before I would have appreciated a warning - don't let them do it to someone else.

See my previous messages, there are some traders you cannot trust.

It's your money at the end of the day.

Ash

Comment

Working...
                              X