pc prob question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pc prob question

my pc has stopped working, it turned itself off and then when i switched it back on, the windows screen was out of alignment, like it had dropped down a few inches and the colours were all mixed up, and the cursor was a funny shape and you cant read the the windows log in words.

what do the pc buffs think ?

i had a thought it could be a graphics card prob

glad i bought the laptop of martin

Originally posted by vinny View Post
    my pc has stopped working, it turned itself off and then when i switched it back on, the windows screen was out of alignment, like it had dropped down a few inches and the colours were all mixed up, and the cursor was a funny shape and you cant read the the windows log in words.

what do the pc buffs think ?

i had a thought it could be a graphics card prob

glad i bought the laptop of martin
    sound like you have been on the lash

all the best

d
    sigpicRS1800s on Tour

Comment

not quite the RAC

MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Are you using XP? If it were me, I would first try to get the PC into safe mode. Restart PC, as soon as white text comes up, tap the "F8" key continously until you get the options screen up. May be worth trying the option "Last known good configuration" to see if it will boot up normally. If it doesn't, start over and try the "Safe mode" option. If this works ok, try going into "start" "all programs" "accessories" "system restore" and follow the wizard' s instructions.
        If none of the above works, chances are then its a hardware problem.
        Best of luck!
        Cheers
        CHRiS

Comment

cheers chris, will give it a go

Comment

My pc went off last night..shut its self down and will not even switch on...
            Andy

Comment

Check the cable going from the monitor to the pc base. Check both ends for bent pins and the connector at either end on the monitor and pc for looseness it might have got a tug and snapped inside on the board. Definitely a hardware problem unfortunately
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X