5 hour journey home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 hour journey home

Took me nearly 5 hours to drive 12 miles home tonight (what a fo#king journey)

got in at 8 o'clock tonight the snow and roads were a nightmare iether blocked solid with traffic or you got stuck in the snow, had to dig myself out acouple of times

poxy fwd van was useless how no one hit me or me not hitting anyone else or any curbs was a miracle

to make matters worse as it got later the melted snow on the roads turned into sheet ice

AND NOT A F#CKING GRITTER LORRY INSIGHT

Same here.....just done 4.5 hours to do a 10 mile journey!!

Absolute madness!

Comment

not good marky, at least youre home safe and sound with no damage done

btw do they need to grit your road
      MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post

they did Frostys....................

cheeRS
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post

lol already has enough grit in it Dave

Comment

hang in there Marky

i had the Ranger sideways today loads of times - roads were sheet ice at one point - 2 ton of black mass through the lanes

Comment

Emergency centres
              In Basingstoke in Hampshire, 2,000 vehicles ground to a halt on Monday, leaving about 3,000 people stranded, Hampshire Constabulary said.

Five emergency rest centres were set up in the Basingstoke area for those who could not get home.
              Thousands of motorists and passengers were also stuck in Berkshire and south Oxfordshire.
              Many spent the night in freezing conditions after roads in the counties became gridlocked on Monday afternoon.
              South Central Ambulance, which covers Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire and Oxfordshire, said there had been a 70% increase in calls.
              There were also long delays on the M4, the M3 and the M40, to the north and west of London.
              The AA said Monday was its busiest day in 10 years with its own patrols getting stuck.

cheeRS
              sigpic

Comment

Get the council out gritting. Spend some money the motorists have paid out over the years the incompetent twits!

Comment

Took me nearly 5 hours to drive 12 miles home tonight (what a fo#king journey)

I had a car like that once mate

Comment

I had big trouble in my wellies.
                    Took me 2 mins to get across the yard instead of the usual 30 secs.
                    What a bugger!
                    We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

not really much snow up here one day and its nearly all gone ,a bit frosty now though

Comment

quiet a bit of snow up here 6 mile journey taking 45mins

Comment

Working...
                        X