Fog Lights - Caution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog Lights - Caution

Just a little warning, came home late on Friday night from the Wife's works Christmas do having had a LHS dipped beam go earlier in the day. Put my fogs on to add a bit more light as it was very cold and slippy. Got near home only for a local plod to see the light out and decide to pull me over. Usuall twenty questions and please blow into this bag please, or in his case, quite a rude please!!!! We had to sit in his car and wait for a breathalyser kit to be deliverd from the local station. During this time he pointed out that I'd committed 3 traffic offences

1. Front dipped beam light out
    2. Dirty number plate - total joke, just an excuse to stop me, no dirtier than his. He said he couldn't make it out, I bit my tongue but did think of suggesting he shouldn't be driving if he could read a number plate from 5 yards.
    3. Driving with fog lights on the front (not rear) when there is no fog

He then pointed out it was a fixed penalty £30 for the fog light offence or go to court. I asked to go to court! He then proceeded to breathalyse me! As I'd already pointed out several times the reading was ZERO as I never drink and drive! At this point he seemed disappointed then proceeded to give me lecture on what I had to do with my number plate and front lamp. He also said he'd drop the fixed penalty for the fog lights and don't do it again. I'm not sure but going to court for having a front fog light on, maybe wasn't his idea of fun, as he'd have to do a ream of paperwork. The whole episode took 15 mins of my life I'll never get back. I'm not disappointed he breathalysed me but I am dubious as to his reasons. If he'd just said he wanted me to blow into the bag, I'd have been a bit less ****ed off now.

The moral is don't put your front fogs on when it ain't foggy!! If you do tell them you'll go to court.

P.S. My numberplate was just a dirty when I drove 25 miles yeaterday to get a new bulb!

Cheers

Alec

Originally posted by castlecl4 View Post
    Just a little warning, came home late on Friday night from the Wife's works Christmas do having had a LHS dipped beam go earlier in the day. Put my fogs on to add a bit more light as it was very cold and slippy. Got near home only for a local plod to see the light out and decide to pull me over. Usuall twenty questions and please blow into this bag please, or in his case, quite a rude please!!!! We had to sit in his car and wait for a breathalyser kit to be deliverd from the local station. During this time he pointed out that I'd committed 3 traffic offences

1. Front dipped beam light out
    2. Dirty number plate - total joke, just an excuse to stop me, no dirtier than his. He said he couldn't make it out, I bit my tongue but did think of suggesting he shouldn't be driving if he could read a number plate from 5 yards.
    3. Driving with fog lights on the front (not rear) when there is no fog

He then pointed out it was a fixed penalty £30 for the fog light offence or go to court. I asked to go to court! He then proceeded to breathalyse me! As I'd already pointed out several times the reading was ZERO as I never drink and drive! At this point he seemed disappointed then proceeded to give me lecture on what I had to do with my number plate and front lamp. He also said he'd drop the fixed penalty for the fog lights and don't do it again. I'm not sure but going to court for having a front fog light on, maybe wasn't his idea of fun, as he'd have to do a ream of paperwork. The whole episode took 15 mins of my life I'll never get back. I'm not disappointed he breathalysed me but I am dubious as to his reasons. If he'd just said he wanted me to blow into the bag, I'd have been a bit less ****ed off now.

The moral is don't put your front fogs on when it ain't foggy!! If you do tell them you'll go to court.

P.S. My numberplate was just a dirty when I drove 25 miles yeaterday to get a new bulb!

Cheers

Alec
    foooking Joke Alex
    those boy racers drive around all the time with their front fogs on. They must of been bored
    Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Cheers Andy,

It wasn't even Traffic, just 2 local plods. One never opened his mouth to speak jsut looked slightly embarresssed by his young comarade.

Comment

people driving with front fogs on without any fog is a right pain.so many of them in london town where you never get fog. sounds like a power crazy piglet
        what i need is a high horse like the others have !

Comment

Look on the bright side, we allways moan about the missuse of fog lights and now the police are actually doing sumink about it and you got away with 2 finable offences, not a bad 15 mins really, certainly cheaper than 15 mins and 2 £30 fines

Comment

Jobsworth , he should catch some thieves instead of looking for easy money . I would of told him to fooooook off and get a proper job (and then get locked up like last time) lol
            sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
            Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
            12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mk1gaz View Post
              Jobsworth , he should catch some thieves instead of looking for easy money . I would of told him to fooooook off and get a proper job (and then get locked up like last time) lol
              Can't believe your gob got you in the shite Gaz

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Most modern Vauxhalls with CANBUS electrics (e.g. Astra / Insignia) can detect when one headlight bulb is out and switch another light on, usually a front fog light to compensate for the lack of light.

Try explaining that to the coppers!

People running with front fog lights on all the time is a pain, but most car manufacturers are now designing them so that they emit a low intensity of light rendering them pretty much useless for what they were meant for in the first place.

Comment

frosty can only Dream his front Fog lights would light up..........

cheeRS
                  sigpic

Comment

I can't believe that first of all you risked driving with a headlamp out....reckless, and then you put your fornt fogs on!!!!!!!!!!!

F Me what sort of catagory convict are you???
                    We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

Working...
                    X