Flat Front Debate (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat Front Debate (again)

Well its the old debate again regarding flat front MK2 RS2000 models. I have been banging on that there was not a flat front from the factory and that they are either re-shells or crashed repaired to flat front. Been of this opinion for many years. Until today, I was told that Ford produced flat fronted MK2 RS's for export to Africa. Now I might have to climb down to my workmates and admit I was wrong all these years. So Im here calling on the knowledge base for some backup (or backdown).

What do we know on here then?
    Why do we pay others to do a job we did ourselves?

Ever paid for conveyancing?

I believe they were never built for the British market, but I read years ago that they were produced for either South Africa or Australia but I've seen nothing recently to prove this!

Tim.

Comment

seen one in a book for export it was called a 2 litre gl its in the sporting fords by graham robson it dosnt have the rs badge but says they built 3 thousand of them for south africa and australia page 81 if some one can scan the photos

Comment

Flat Front RS2

Hi. I am not sure of all details but i will find when i get a chance, Tom Lilburn put on order and got a signal amber flat front rs 2000 new, he had to wait on, it, he lived just out side Dromore Co down N Ireland i remember him getting the car. Laurence

Comment

oz and SA cars did not have tramp bars and softer spring rates for the poor roads and the shells had some funny strenghening bits put in

Comment

Originally posted by gordy 2000 View Post
            oz and SA cars did not have tramp bars and softer spring rates for the poor roads and the shells had some funny strenghening bits put in
            The SA also had a 3.7 diff and a large tank across the boot and were built up in SA with a nosecones, this is a copy of a roadtest i found when trying to find out about mine.
            cheers Kev

Comment

My previous one that i bought to restore back in 2000 had a flat front (FAG 50T was the reg no). The guy i bought from had it in the family from new and i was only the 3rd owner, his mum bought it , then he got it from his mum. He used to rally it though. I remember though that when i asked him what had happened to the nosecone he told me it never had one and
              had been ordered from the dealer like that (flat front) .

Confusing but i thought i would add this to the mix
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X