Car Storage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Storage.

Does anyone use any of the specailist car storage firms?

Wouldn't mind building a purpose made, secure, dehumidifed storage unit but don't know if there would be any use for it apart from my own. In which case it would be a very small shed

I think everyone would like to have there car in top class storage over the winter months but would it justify the price of £15 a week?
    We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Originally posted by pushrod View Post
    Does anyone use any of the specailist car storage firms?

Wouldn't mind building a purpose made, secure, dehumidifed storage unit but don't know if there would be any use for it apart from my own. In which case it would be a very small shed

I think everyone would like to have there car in top class storage over the winter months but would it justify the price of £15 a week?
    There is definately a call for it. I looked at a couple west london area priced £22 - £25 per week. One of the companies, with large premises and plenty of spaces, was full and were unable to accommodate.
    cheeRS
    Ian
    sigpic

"Live everyday as if it was your last, because one of these days, it will be."
    Jeremy Schwartz.

"Better to burn out than fade away"

Comment

do these places start cars up etc over long periods
      MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

i pay £80.00 pcm for my two, snuggled up with 3 1970's posches and an ac ace!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post
          do these places start cars up etc over long periods
          Most of them have different levels of service.
          Most will offer a startup service,(weekly or monthly), some roll the wheels, others take for a drive, some even have rolling roads to give the car a run.
          You also can get a battery trickle charger connected and so it goes on, servicing, valeting ect.
          Or some are just a big shed with a roof on it and have no temperature or humidity controls.

Comment

What about these carcoon things, if we have garages with our cars in sure we could invest in a huge beach ball to put in there?
            Why do we pay others to do a job we did ourselves?

Ever paid for conveyancing?

Comment

Originally posted by Scorted View Post
              What about these carcoon things, if we have garages with our cars in sure we could invest in a huge beach ball to put in there?
              As far as I know the top of range carcoon filters and recirculates the air in a bid to maintain a constant temperature and by doing so eliminates condensation. I don't know if they can reduce humidity, can't see how they can?

But a carcoon would be an excellent purchase if you had a garage with enough room and I would add probably pet free. I always believed my cat would claw it to death.

Storage would be for the person who wants a classic or classic collection, but has no or limited garage space, or someone who is going away on hols or work and won't be about and wants something as secure as it gets.

Comment

Invest in a carcoon if you have the space. they are made with thick material, dont think you`d have worries with the cat. I used to have one for my rs16i, and will defo be getting another one when the mk2 is finished. they do make a difference .
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X