Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta Cloth

Help needed please.....

There's a guy out here who is building a two door Aussie mk2 RS2000 to concourse condition, he is after 6m of black beta cloth to recover his seats... now he knows that he will not find the original stuff but would like to know if anyone else apart from Aldridge is remaking it and how close to the original it is.

Ive gave him Dave Vernay's number of Classic trim and also Roy Nunns

Any help please.....

Cheers Wayne
    sigpic
    Missing the snow!!!!

is roy doing mk2 beta???
    sigpic

Comment

I know of 5 1/2 metre original Black Beta cloth that was being offered for £750.00

But loads of snide copy out there
      cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

blimey there was a mint trim in original balck for 650 sold buy a member a few weeks ago

750 for the cloth the worlds gone mad
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah but balck is no good

Black Beta is much better
          cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

must of been snide that balck stuff dave
            sigpic

Comment

Frosty couldn't get rid of his Beta for ages, but sold a few weeks ago

Big help that wasn't it Wayne

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Ridiculous prices - I mean come on!! I recently bought 4 original Roll Tops for £330 (from different sources), all are useable and well above average condition. I also bought a Black Beta back seat off Ebay a few months back for £40, the Beta is original and good condition. I chopped it up and used the cloth for patching the Roll Tops.

Comment

I've got some original beta cloth on the roll. Only problem is it's not black! The chap I bought it from years ago reckons he dyed it black and did his RS2000 with it, and also that there was enough on the roll to do another full set. I ended up getting an Aldridge set though, so can't confirm how it comes out once it's been dyed.

I can't remember how much there is, or what colour it actually is, but if your interested I'll dig it out of the loft and measure exactly how much there is, and take some pics etc.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by styut View Post
                    I've got some original beta cloth on the roll. Only problem is it's not black! The chap I bought it from years ago reckons he dyed it black and did his RS2000 with it, and also that there was enough on the roll to do another full set. I ended up getting an Aldridge set though, so can't confirm how it comes out once it's been dyed.

I can't remember how much there is, or what colour it actually is, but if your interested I'll dig it out of the loft and measure exactly how much there is, and take some pics etc.
                    Would really appreciate it if you could.... thanks
                    sigpic
                    Missing the snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM View Post
                      I know of 5 1/2 metre original Black Beta cloth that was being offered for £750.00

But loads of snide copy out there
                      Thanks.. I just sent the guy an email to let him know will be back in touch with you cheers
                      sigpic
                      Missing the snow!!!!

Comment

Hi All,

I am Wayne's friend here in Sydney who is looking for the original black beta cloth.

I have only just joined the forum group, so a BIG Hello from downunder!
                        Please have a look in the "Noobies" section for a short background and what I have been doing.

In March this year we asked Aldridge to post snail mail a small sample of the cloth. The quality, pattern and weave was considered reasonable for a reproduction.
                        A few months ago we imported 12 metres of the Aldridge black beta cloth based on the sample that they had sent in March. When it arrived it was no where near the sample they sent in March, and no where near the original pattern or weave.

Simon and Jenni at Aldridge appear to have no interest in providing as per sample, so we have cancelled the order at their expense.

Might be able to turn it into expensive table cloths or dish cloths, but it is not going into our RS2000 !

If there is still some original black beta cloth in captivity please let me know. No urgency though.

Comment

Just a thought...

If there is a reproduction black beta cloth available that is close to the original pattern and weave I will happily consider this as an option.

There appears to be a number of qualities and patterns of the cloth available, some could hardly be called beta cloth.

Comment

Working...
                          X