fao s/e buildings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fao s/e buildings

as a builder myself i have found the last 2 years a struggle, in that time we have ony built one house and a couple of (small) extentions, and we are now doing more of the naff work (kitchens, patios, ect), anyone else finding this cos im realy struggling to make ends meat at the monent
    sigpic

my dads a builder and hes flat out, his diary's full till at least june next year,
    although having said that he doesnt consider kitchens, bathrooms etc to be naff work just honest money when times are hard...

im sure it will pick up for you though mate, things do seem to be heading in the right direction
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOUIE View Post
      my dads a builder and hes flat out, his diary's full till at least june next year,
      although having said that he doesnt consider kitchens, bathrooms etc to be naff work just honest money when times are hard...

im sure it will pick up for you though mate, things do seem to be heading in the right direction
      what i mean by naff work is im sheite at kitchens!!
      sigpic

Comment

ah well thats could always a problem/ didnt mean any offence either.

the only thing he wont do is tiling and plastering there always given out, the rest he does..

kitchens are really a case for a good joiner to get right, wouldnt be happy doing one myself
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fast eddie View Post
          what i mean by naff work is im sheite at kitchens!!

ive seen your work, looks good ed, the guy down pompey way had one of yours fitted

btw kitchens
          MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post
            ive seen your work, looks good ed, the guy down pompey way had one of yours fitted

btw kitchens
            not me

Comment

Originally posted by fast eddie View Post
              as a builder myself i have found the last 2 years a struggle, in that time we have ony built one house and a couple of (small) extentions, and we are now doing more of the naff work (kitchens, patios, ect), anyone else finding this cos im realy struggling to make ends meat at the monent
              Hi Eddie,
              I'm a builder too, probably similar size to yourself. Its a different time now, I spend a lot more time fine tuning quotes. Over here there are loads of guys coming off the big sites that are closed and under cutting quotes like crazy just to get work.
              having said that I've just secured 2 very good jobs recently so not too bad.
              I never turn down a job no matter how small if I think it will bring in a new customer. Its customer satisfaction that will keep you in business.
              Keep the chin up!!!

Robert
              sigpic

Comment

Roofing work for me has dried up. 3 small jobs in over 12 months.

doing labour daywork on a new build for a Mr Hamilton since Feb 09 been told i have a job for the next 2 years

very close to selling me van now as i don't use it?
                AKA The Dipstick

Comment

Hello Ed,
                  I'm not a builder, but an aircraft contract fitter. I have only worked 4 months this year! Worst year since I can remember.
                  Hope we both get busy soon.
                  Regards, Jimmer

Comment

I work on building sites installing precast concrete floors and at the moment it has gone quite slack again, it did seem to be picking up a few months ago , but now its gone back to 3-4 day weeks again , everybody undercutting everyone.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well chaps there is plenty of building work here in sunny south wales as most of you know i build on my 4 days off and we have had plenty of work
                      Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Originally posted by Andyc View Post
                        Well chaps there is plenty of building work here in sunny south wales as most of you know i build on my 4 days off and we have had plenty of work
                        Been working in cardiff today son , fanny everywhere

http://www3.uwic.ac.uk/English/Pages/home2.aspx ,
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GAZ W View Post
                          Been working in cardiff today son , fanny everywhere

http://www3.uwic.ac.uk/English/Pages/home2.aspx ,
                          troble is Gaz the women have it all
                          be even more tomorrow
                          Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Working...