Info about the lakes tour please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info about the lakes tour please

Hey guys. So i know the dates for the lakes tour next year (8th and 9th may)

but what i'd like to know is a sort of run down of the itenary if possible?

Is it a case of setting up camp somewhere the friday? what happens overnight, party/bbq kinda thingy? Does it end somewhere specific with a final show etc etc etc

if someone could go through the average trip to the lakes i'd be much obliged. (a sort of lakes tour for dummies run through ) Deffo wanna try and get involved next year but not really got a clue what is involved

cheers in advance for any stories/info

my car in the vBGarage

***Don't Fool With The Old Skool***

Starts at Heeves hotel on teh Saturday morning, with some camping over the Friday night to "freshen" up! Blast around the lakes and end up back atthe same venue for photo shoots and swapping of stories from the day. Then more "frehening up" and camping the saturday night. Then on the Sunday its the Cumbria RSOC regional day.

Top weekend!!
    RSOC # 15852

New Zealand RSOC Editor

Comment

bring a tent, bring some beer or lots of vodka if camping nr spence, if camping nr nipper bring ear defenders and what ever you do dont eat anything from a teaspoon!
      sigpic

Comment

well, seeing its you, here's what happens ..........................

start getting excited just after the new year - wait for Father (oggiesnr) to issue on the board the entry details that need to be followed - you'll need to be fast enough and sometimes lucky enough, to get your entry in (ie sold out in an hour last time)

you can either find your own accommodation in the area, or like most, pay to camp in the hotels grounds and enjoy the 'craic' with the rest

the event itself -

friday - most turn up at the grounds mid afternoon/evening and set up

saturday - sign in - tour starts in morning and lasts well into the afternoon -
        evening - raffle buffet (if paid for) and more 'craic' !!!!!!!!

sunday - Cumbria show and mk1 & mk2 display all day -

after leaving "your patch" as you found it (ie spotless) you drive home thinking why you'd never been on it before and what a lovely car that Grum has, also what a complete twit Frosty is ....................... and what or more importantly WHO the feck is that Pauline ?

Comment

Originally posted by fast eddie View Post
          bring a tent, bring some beer or lots of vodka if camping nr spence, if camping nr nipper bring ear defenders and what ever you do dont eat anything from a teaspoon!
          and plenty of fire wood Edd
          Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Pauline... what a minx!!!
            RSOC # 15852

New Zealand RSOC Editor

Comment

oh dear feel a ban coming along

Comment

Originally posted by Andyc View Post
                and plenty of fire wood Edd
                **** me andy, was that before somone fell in it!
                sigpic

Comment

**** me andy, was that before somone fell in it!
                  he aint been on for a while either

Comment

Originally posted by grum View Post
                    oh dear feel a ban coming along
                    for who Gra me mine wasnt the fire that caused the trouble ask Gazw

Comment

still makes me chukkle!, oh the quality times!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by grum View Post
                        well, seeing its you, here's what happens ..........................

start getting excited just after the new year - wait for Father (oggiesnr) to issue on the board the entry details that need to be followed - you'll need to be fast enough and sometimes lucky enough, to get your entry in (ie sold out in an hour last time)

you can either find your own accommodation in the area, or like most, pay to camp in the hotels grounds and enjoy the 'craic' with the rest

the event itself -

friday - most turn up at the grounds mid afternoon/evening and set up

saturday - sign in - tour starts in morning and lasts well into the afternoon -
                        evening - raffle buffet (if paid for) and more 'craic' !!!!!!!!

sunday - Cumbria show and mk1 & mk2 display all day -

after leaving "your patch" as you found it (ie spotless) you drive home thinking why you'd never been on it before and what a lovely car that Grum has, also what a complete twit Frosty is ....................... and what or more importantly WHO the feck is that Pauline ?

well thanks for that in depth explanation grum thats just what i was looking for
                        will have to make sure i'm on the ball ready to get a place booked

eddie .... thanks for the warning about teaspoons.... but having lurked on here for over a year now i think i know the sort of tricks you lot get up to

cheers guys ..... looking forward to it already

my car in the vBGarage

***Don't Fool With The Old Skool***

Comment

you forgot to mention about the breakdowns...
                          AKA The Dipstick

Comment

Still here

Comment

if camping nr nipper bring ear defenders
                              Oi, I dont snore . At least, I dont think so anyway Ed.

I sleep OK until you try to start whispering to Mark @ 0400am in that bear voice of yours . boom boom
                              cheeRS
                              Ian
                              sigpic

"Live everyday as if it was your last, because one of these days, it will be."
                              Jeremy Schwartz.

"Better to burn out than fade away"

Comment

Working...
                              X