Ep3 type r honda civic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ep3 type r honda civic

Has anyone on here owned one as a daily driver, think im suffering a mid life crisis and may part exchange my 5 series bmw for one

I've owned two, they are without doubt one of the best hot hatches on the Market for the money. Don't buy new, buy a pre-reg or sub 20k miler. Best modification was the pipercross viper induction kit @ £250 - sounds awesome. I also bought a stainless manifold with decat pipe finishing with a 5" jap style can.

This took the car to 230/240 bhp.

Benefits are that it can be quite economic round town and on the motorway but when you wind it up it goes like stink.

Best wishes

Dave
    Regards - Dave

www.northwalesclassicfords.co.uk

Comment

My mates a Honda salesman and has one at home most days and lets me have a drive . I like them but they are slow as fooook unless you rinse the arse of them and even then they don't really impress . Renault Sport clio's are miles better and cheaper
      sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
      Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
      12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Have to agree with Gaz, the only way to enjoy a vtec motor is to ring it's neck, it's fun to to start with but it can get a bit tiresome after a while unless you have a sadistic streak and don't mind living on the edge all the time.
        sigpic

Push everything to the limit
        if it breaks it wasn't strong enough
        rebuild it and try again !

My car in vBGarage

Comment

Originally posted by MAD4IT View Post
          Have to agree with Gaz, the only way to enjoy a vtec motor is to ring it's neck, it's fun to to start with but it can get a bit tiresome after a while unless you have a sadistic streak and don't mind living on the edge all the time.
          sadistic is my middle name lol

that's what it's for, winding it up and getting the power out of it. You can get various supercharger kits too! Pmsl

Dave
          Regards - Dave

www.northwalesclassicfords.co.uk

Comment

Thanks guys will let you know if i buy

Comment

Are you sure it is you and not Wullie that wants it?

Comment

ther great m8,i had a new one in 03,loved it tbh,was gutted when we sold it to get a bloody beetle
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rslaurie View Post
                  Has anyone on here owned one as a daily driver, think im suffering a mid life crisis and may part exchange my 5 series bmw for one
                  EK9 may be better suited to your needs.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X