giving up hope of Rs ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will post pictures soon.
    The story is, the car was originally owned by my dad who is no longer with us. It was a clubman car and competed in many events. In the early eighties I took over ownership and completed very succesfully in road rallying until 1986, where, with its very tired and battered body it went into the garage to await resto. Then mortgages came along, marrage, kids etc, you get the story. When my dad passed away it was moved to my aunties lock up where to this day it rests. I now live in north Wales but I'm originally from Brum, where the car is stored.
    Its a 73 clubman spec, Modena green Mexico, all original parts and loads of history. I have many pictures of its hay day and in time I'll post them. I will take some present ones next time I visit Brum.
    I was a member of Quinton motor club in the 80's and wonder if anybody else on here was too?

Comment

Originally posted by flyingpilot View Post
      Will post pictures soon.
      The story is, the car was originally owned by my dad who is no longer with us. It was a clubman car and competed in many events. In the early eighties I took over ownership and completed very succesfully in road rallying until 1986, where, with its very tired and battered body it went into the garage to await resto. Then mortgages came along, marrage, kids etc, you get the story. When my dad passed away it was moved to my aunties lock up where to this day it rests. I now live in north Wales but I'm originally from Brum, where the car is stored.
      Its a 73 clubman spec, Modena green Mexico, all original parts and loads of history. I have many pictures of its hay day and in time I'll post them. I will take some present ones next time I visit Brum.
      I was a member of Quinton motor club in the 80's and wonder if anybody else on here was too?

sounds like a cracking project and I look foward to the pics, as above for £4500 you should be able to get the shell in order but not painted but for that sort of car with the history of it within your family surely it's worth taking a bit longer as and when funds are available to make it live on

as said take a look at some of the resto's on here at whats possible

good luck with it
      Cheers Glyn

Comment

Quinton Motor Club, Sunday nights in the Royal Oak at the top of Manor Lane, remember it well, I was a mere slip of a lad back then with a Mk1 1300 sport, I was in awe of the "Big Boys" with their RS's, Sunbeam Lotus's and Chevette HS's etc back then, happy days.
        Neary bought a signal yellow MK2 2000 off one of the lads back in the late 80's but someone else turned up with the money first and I ended up with a Manta GTE , not the worst car I ever owned mind you.
        sigpic

Push everything to the limit
        if it breaks it wasn't strong enough
        rebuild it and try again !

My car in vBGarage

Comment

Wasn't me was it, I sold my signal yellow RS2 about 1989. Fully re-worked 2.1 built and tuned by Graham Hickman of RAT down in martley, it had twin 48's and remember beating a chipped RS turbo up the wolverhampton road. I seem to remember him telling me he got it to 162 bhp at the wheels but the carbs were iceing up so he re-jetted down slightly.

One of those big mistakes you do, should of kept it

Comment

You have your answer

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

No idea if it was you, if I remember rightly the guy lived somewhere on Woodgate, think his Mrs had a Nova (SR or GTE maybe), come to think about it now it could have been that we were looking at buying the Nova and the RS was just there at the time, my memory is starting to get a bit vague nowadays....it was over 20 years ago and I've got through a lot of booze and babes since then! We were sticking tuned 2.8's in stock looking Cortinas back then for fun and scaring the s**t out of most things apart from proper RS's of course.
              sigpic

Push everything to the limit
              if it breaks it wasn't strong enough
              rebuild it and try again !

My car in vBGarage

Comment

Working...
              X