Powdercoating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powdercoating

whats everyone's opinion of powdercoating parts on the car? Have had a lot of negative responses by some folks and wondered what you lot think.
    Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

not sure about powder coating, however Frosticles is the expert on shot blasting, particularly the underside of cars.............

cheeRS
    sigpic

Comment

i like it on certain things, get it done right its difficult to tell whether its been powdercoated or pented, you have to be careful tho when cleaning as it does leave marks, needs to be a good part to start with imo
      MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

youd need a big shed for your skip
        Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post
          needs to be a good part to start with imo
          That's yours knackered then

Just doing all the underneath suspension and running gear on mine and am not going to powdercoat a single bit. Personally I'm not a fan of it. I prefer to use a good quality spray paint such as Plasticote for metal or technigrip. much easier to touch up if the need be.
          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

looks like pent for me then
            Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

my humble opinionon powdercoating.

depends i think on how much your going to use the car. It does chip off leaving kinda large hole as it is usually on quite thick. the last lot i had done was for my rs2 and waynC's lemans mex. guy who did it was very fussy with his prep. my other mex's parts were all powder coated and still looks good after over 10 years but only a few thousand miles!!
              what i have done with the latest was to have the axle casing zinc plated which is dipped first so no rust left at all same as when all hubs nuts bolts door catches etc so only need to go to one place.
              None of it is painted yet! may use 2 pack .

some may think its OTT but didnt find it expenxive at the time in comparison. ian

Comment

Working...
              X