Car gets tuned Friday.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car gets tuned Friday.....

Hello all, well I have finally managed to get round to booking the car in for a proper tune and set up with Tom Airey. Hopefully will get it running even better and get a power output prior to me attending any track days, which I want to do ASAP.

Anyway, will let you all know how I get on.

Lee

sounds promising mate, i mines going on asap aswell, just need to get soem cash together .

btw if anyones looking for one around the brum area (that isnt aldon with there uber prices) then give tehres a place called mot-tech thatll do it at £45 an hour which sounds about right.

http://theplateman.com/ - euro/german plates

Comment

have you got any idea on the bhp befor you go...?
      sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

let us know how you get on lee, im keen as mustard to find out what he really can do mate

Comment

Latham

I oce took my fiesta turbo to rolling road shootout at a place called hitech motorsport (i think thats what it was called) in cradley heath , thats near you aint it?
          sigpic

Comment

Right, well I am back and have the following to report....

The Facet fuel pump was knacked, so got that changed...
            The leads and plugs need changing...

BUT what a difference the drive home was.

Was a little bit more than I wanted to pay but I would have to say that it was worth it.

Oh, and the engine is prodicing over 150bhp!!!!!

Lee

Comment

nice glad you got sorted mate

Comment

so do you reckon i should pay him a visit then lee, even if i only want a few tweaks here and there....

Comment

goon on yer m8.....150bhp ..nice
                  sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

Originally posted by GAZ W
                    Latham

I oce took my fiesta turbo to rolling road shootout at a place called hitech motorsport (i think thats what it was called) in cradley heath , thats near you aint it?
                    nice one mate, you look for ages and ages, and then 2 come along at once eh?

are they any good with carbs? do they rejet them etc?

edit:

i just phoned them up, they give me a flat rate charge of £70!!!+parts and labour so prob no more than £100!

nice one gaz

http://theplateman.com/ - euro/german plates

Comment

Looks like I got a good deal when I had my tune up on the rollers.. im amazed at the prices some places charge.
                      I paid a flat rate of 50quid inc. parts, he tweaked my cam timing, set ignition timing, checked fuel pressure, set my DCOE's and sorted my rev limiter. Was there from 9am to 1pm and was made very welcome with cups of tea and cake.. downside was his rolling road was a tad optomistic so I only ended up with an guesstimate figure.

Quite pleased with the results though :cyclops:
                      Paul

Comment

I was at Hitech today !!

Was transporting a very nice (believed to be one of the six Ford Series X Press cars) to and from Hitech
                        cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Working...
                        X