Had a great weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a great weekend

I had a great weekend, I and another Royal Mail person along with a support driver rode from Northwood NATO base to Alrewas which is home to the National Memorial Arboretum.
    About 10 miles from Alrewas we linked up with other Royal Mail colleagues for the final leg.
    It took me two days to ride which in total was around 140 miles.
    The charity we have chosen is Help for Heroes and the monies raised will go towards combat stress counselling.
    When we arrived we had a small service at the General Post Office site not only to remember former colleagues but also current day colleagues who are still serving in theatres of conflict.
    My legs where in so much pain for the last 30 miles and I just wanted to stop but the thought of what our service men and women go though kept me going to the end and I was also the first to arrive

If you have never been to the National Memorial Arboretum it is a very sad but up lifting place to visit and will bring a tear to your eyes at the lost of life men and women have given and still giving today.

I'm going to give the bike ride to work a miss today as the old pins need a rest but hope to be back on the bike in a few days.

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

well done keiron. very worthy cause.
    😯

Comment

are you on strike???

Nutty Professor

Comment

Originally posted by Mark M View Post
        well done keiron. very worthy cause.
        cheers mate, legs hurt like hell at the mo

Originally posted by topaz View Post
        are you on strike???
        I don't strike but my drivers do. Nice of their Union to ask them to take a £2000 pay cut this year, imagine if us managers asked them to do that

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

well done on a Worthy cause

was this fella supporting you along the route with Pek and Chop sarnies

cheeRS
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by graham John View Post
            well done on a Worthy cause

was this fella supporting you along the route with Pek and Chop sarnies

cheeRS
            just spat my tea out

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

well done keiron

Comment

Working...
              X