Crazy Car insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Car insurance

Reet, when I bought my Ford Ranger at the start of this year I wanted insurance as cheap as possible, I had no 'no claims bonus' to use on this car as it is used on other vehicles, anyway I was still pleasantly surprised to get it for £268 tpft with only me driving, I also ran the quote with my wife as a named driver and it was considerably dearer.

Anyway, several months later I am having a rethink of the fleet, and thought I would add my wife to the Ranger just incase her car falls victim to the fleet changes , I would be quite happy to pay another twenty or thirty pound just to get her on the policy.

Rang the broker and ran through the details and what changes I required, they then say yes we'll add your wife and give you £130 back !! I don't know who was more surprised me or the broker, I questioned it and they said they would ring the company direct and ring me back. They did this straight away and said yes no problem £130 back into my account tomorrow and my wife on the policy immediately.

Whats that all about !!!!

son
    sigpic

Paul I found this ,normally cheaper to insure as a couple as they deem you a better risk than single person.

Just had a quote for my daughter on a corsa on her own (learner, 17 in a couple of weeks)£1200 add me and the wife as named drivers £765 work that one out.
    CheeRS Neil

Comment

Wish we could get decent rate insurance here.

Just insured the Qashqai for me and the wife - full ncb, tpf&t £580

Comment

Originally posted by 191964 View Post
        Paul I found this ,normally cheaper to insure as a couple as they deem you a better risk than single person.

Just had a quote for my daughter on a corsa on her own (learner, 17 in a couple of weeks)£1200 add me and the wife as named drivers £765 work that one out.
        The way it works is that they assume that when you are driving it the car is at a lot less risk than when your daughter is, and when your driving it she cant.

Comment

Went on my mum and dads insurance on a 1.1 Fiat Cinquecento and cost £700 (Im 20). Fully comp cover and only driver on my 1.6 Mk2 £412.98 from some branch on Adrian Flux. Think they were having a summer sale so bit there hand off.

Comment

My wife is on my business isurance on my van, saved me over £60 and she never drives it
            sigpic

Comment

Insurance...

Put my Missus on aswell and send me the difference!

Russ.
              [/quote]

Comment

Working...
              X