Bit worrying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit worrying

A friend of mine who is in the Nottinghamshire police force forwarded this to me...
    It's a bit worrying and worth keeping an eye out for...

There is a new way for offenders to break into vehicles, causing NO DAMAGE and electronically DEACTIVATING THE ALARM and CENTRAL LOCKING!!!

Trapping the frequency can be done by employing a “Casio gents LCD TV remote control watch”, originally designed as a TV / Video remote for all brands. The watch retails at Argos for £39.99.

The watch has a ‘learn’ facility that allows it to copy any wavelength or frequency; the copied signal can then be transmitted from the watch.
    Signals from a vehicles’ remote central locking system and alarm can easily be detected by the watch, the frequency then saved, and transmitted to the vehicle at any point successfully unlocking it like the key fob would.

Obviously this device would be worth its weight in gold (and then some) to vehicle offenders. So please bear this in mind when on patrols and when dealing with vehicle crimes whereby the entry method is not obvious!

I'd rather push a Ford than drive a V**X***L

This type of watch has been out years but it need to be within very close range (3cm according to pic !) of the transmitter

and if I remember correctly it is an Infra Red ie must be "pointed" at to work and not a radio transmitter /receiver

Similar thing

Originally posted by TV B Gone

The remote will then send out a sequence of "off" codes for virtually every television pointing it at the TV until it turns off
    cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

i've got one of those, i'll try it out and tell
      AKA The Dipstick

Comment

Working...
      X