Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats it Worth ? II

Hi Dave,

I fully understand why you make this a rule, and agree with you 100%.

Many of us that bother to read your thread will now know, but others if they don't read or just miss your thread, won't. Furthermore can newcomers easily miss this?

Considering the importance of this rule and that the problem keeps on reoccurring, perhaps you may need to put it in a place where everyone is going to see it and be reminded of it, then they will have no excuse should you decide to ban them.

Just an idea that would be fair to everyone then, Dave.

Tim.

Originally posted by RS2000EXPRESS View Post

Considering the importance of this rule and that the problem keeps on reoccurring, perhaps you may need to put it in a place where everyone is going to see it and be reminded of it, then they will have no excuse should you decide to ban them.

Just an idea that would be fair to everyone then, Dave.

Tim.
    cheeRS Tim

As most of these type of threads appear in The Main Message Centre I have made it a sticky.

Of course I will gladly accept the £30 Paypal Advert fee per What is it worth thread ? though
    cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

may i ask that are you stopping people from selling stuff on here too or are you just saying no to that and i agree too because it can cause some confusion sometimes but what if someone is asking for how much something is worth because they are looking into buying a perticular item will this rule still accur and i am asking this qustions because you will end up getting them.

thanks joe
      sigpic

Comment

Fair enough Dave!

Comment

Selling and buying is and always will be a big part of this forum

I will not allow - What is this worth? threads

All a What is it Worth thread is good for is to allow "chancers" to screw over other members of this BB by hoping someone makes a stupid offer for the item concerned
          cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

ill give ya £50 for it dave

Comment

what if it was the other way ie trying to find out what an item is realy worth to stop you from being over charged as different people have different valuations on some items maybe a very hard part to find like grp1 air box filter price range £100 to £500 so question WHATS IT WORTH ? but i do understand where you are coming from but dont see what can be done to stop over inflated items being sold elsewhere

Comment

is this all because of the post i put up??
                cheeRS

Comment

Originally posted by pockets View Post

Comment

cheeRS

Comment

Originally posted by pockets View Post

Not yourself and no individuals are being named as this has been a growing problem for a while

Maybe some are innocently asking prices but who knows !

The easy way to find out how much people are willing to pay for something is to put it on Thiefbay (for a fee of course) let sale run and then decline to sell it as the whole point was to find "How much is this worth ?" wasnt it ??

Of course a user on Thiefbay wouldnt last 10 minutes if they did this a few times so why should I allow it on here ?

I have made the offer of a £30 "advertising" fee to put up a What is it Worth ? thread but nobody seems to want to take me up on the offer

I have no problem with people using the site for trading but I will not allow members to have their pants pulled down as ALL For Sale adverts MUST HAVE AN ASKING or GUIDE PRICE
                      cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

"chancers" to screw over other members of this BB by hoping someone makes a stupid offer for the item concerned

Good move dave !

It wasnt that long ago i went to view a car [which was NOT advertised on this site i may add ] only to be met by this senario.. no price "make me an offer" yeah a STUPID offer

Put a price on the item for sale whatever the value

Comment

Seems other websites have the similar ideas

Originally posted by Turbosport Website

FOR SALE RULES....

IF YOU ARE SELLING PARTS YOU MUST:

1- Put a price in your advert.

Originally posted by Passion Ford Website

General:
                          -Always post an asking price. This is not eBay, auctioning parts is not allowed. Its ok to put ONO (Or nearest offer) but you MUST include a price. If you want to auction it, use eBay.
                          cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Originally posted by Alonso View Post

Put a price on the item for sale whatever the value
                            Thanx for your and others support.

I have no problem if someone has an asking price of £300 for an item usually sold for £15 but at least any potential buyers know at the outset what the item is going to cost to own.

Of course the seller is then opening the door for criticism from other members of this BB for extortionate prices but a potential extra profit of £285 will certainly soothe their pain
                            cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

I think this is spot on dave, fortunately most users on here know the crack and help each other out but theres always a few that want to try and have folks pants down.
                              Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Working...
                              X