Prices???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prices???

There maybe has been threads on this before, but i`ve searched and can`t find any so apologies if its a repost.

Been out of the RS scene as it were for a few years now , but obviously now i`m back . One thing i cant seem to understand is how much the prices have risen in the last 5 , 6 , 7 years.
    Can anyone shine any logic on this ?
    WHen i bought my last 2000 it was 500 quid and you could buy an absolute minter for 4500 tops.

So howcome they`ve more than doubled
    i realise there are going to be answers like availability , parts etc etc
    But there must be other factors too.

One thing i do notice and i must say i don`t like it is people abusing it when selling the car. i`ve looked at a few (not on here mind ) That are way way over what they realistically would be worth .
    However i`m just in one of those want a car now but can`t have it moods as not enough saved up !!! .

One day though,
    Anyway any help much appreciated
    cheers
    sigpic

lol , lots of overpriced shite out there i'm affraid . A proper nice car with a full resto is big money £15,000+ but still a few nice cars about for £8000ish if you get lucky . Don't rush and one will turn up for a decent price but THEY ARE ALL ROTTEN unless someones spent 6 months welding them up normally !!!!!
    sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
    Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
    12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

I bought my old yellow one in Dec 2004 for £3450 ran it for a year then resto'd it sold it 6 months later for £6500 then it was sold 1 year later for £8000 then 6 months again it went for near £10000

and since then prices have gone daft as the scene has got bigger and more competitive

Comment

Originally posted by Banishit View Post
        I bought my old yellow one in Dec 2004 for £3450 ran it for a year then resto'd it sold it 6 months later for £6500 then it was sold 1 year later for £8000 then 6 months again it went for near £10000
        Murdo DA

Comment

Bought my Mexico 10 years ago for £3000 Still worth £3000 today..........
          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
            Bought my Mexico 10 years ago for £3000

you've been done

Comment

swapped mine for a RS1600i about £6200 back in 1988, must find out what its worth now
              MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Originally posted by lee bishop View Post
                you've been done
                c o c k s t e r
                Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
                  Bought my Mexico 10 years ago for £3000 Still worth £3000 today..........
                  always the optomist eh Kev

Don't fall off your bike.... It Hurts

Comment

Probably due to us all either having one years ago or lusting after one as a kid?
                    Supply and demand, also still sought after for historic rallying, wish I'd returned a few years earlier, wallet would have been much happier

Comment

Originally posted by Leckypete View Post
                      Probably due to us all either having one years ago or lusting after one as a kid?
                      Supply and demand, also still sought after for historic rallying, wish I'd returned a few years earlier, wallet would have been much happier
                      Thoroughly agree with you there, I wish i`d never left at all and never sold the mk2 but then hindsights a wonderful thing !!
                      sigpic

Comment

things like ebay dont help either, as if there are a few people after one particular car/item and a couple are willing to pay a bit more than its worth at the time then that becomes the new benchmark for any similar car/item

people all think their cars are worth a fortune too, you will generally find the ones who really know their stuff will price a bit more realistically

my car in the vBGarage

***Don't Fool With The Old Skool***

Comment

From a few that have sold recently £8k is a benchmark figure for a very nice and useable car, more people are wanting a car to drive and enjoy for their money, trailer queen buyers are less prevelent than they were 12 months ago.

The market couldn't stay as it was, finding its natural level now same as the housing market. Wont affect the long time owners or buy to keep but those who paid high to get into the scene will have to stick it out or lose some cash.

Thats my thoughts anyway.

Cheers, Paul
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RUDDY View Post
                            From a few that have sold recently £8k is a benchmark figure for a very nice and useable car, more people are wanting a car to drive and enjoy for their money, trailer queen buyers are less prevelent than they were 12 months ago.

The market couldn't stay as it was, finding its natural level now same as the housing market. Wont affect the long time owners or buy to keep but those who paid high to get into the scene will have to stick it out or lose some cash.

Cheers, Paul
                            Let's hope the Opel Manta follows the same route
                            Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by RUDDY View Post

Cheers, Paul
                              I agree with that totally, as ironically the best examples i`ve seen for sale are at the 8 k mark !!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X