Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Wales Rolling Road Day

Hi All

Who is interested in a group rolling road/power figure day in Hawarden? I have a date of Sat August 22nd pencilled in and I want to confirm some definite figures with the place next week, he can take approx 15 cars between 9am and 2pm, but a lot of the time scale depends on how easy the cars are to secure down.

They are a good couple of blokes on the manor industrial estate running A + B garage (post code CH5 3QX, a long established garage with an excellent reputation for working on real cars.

I was there a few weeks ago and the guy was saying that rally boys are bringing cars from mid wales to have their cars set up on their rolling road. He told me they set up a 1300 bdh engine there that rattled everything off the shelves!

The place doesnt look very modern but the rolling road is apparently accurate, but more importantly the guys know all about old Fords. He will be able to do power runs for £25, its got to be worth that to know your car is running safe and I'm sure they could give some advice about mods, improvements etc. You can tell the guys how far you want the car revving and your car wont be put through something you dont want doing. I will put up a list of do's and donts and a list of pre start checks.

Let me know what you think. I've no connection with the place or any vested interests, the mini addicts forum have had rolling road days there in the past, maybe I can get classic ford or retro ford to come along? A £10 (non refundable but transferable)deposit by pay pal will secure a place.

I will give preference first to Aled, Tim and Dale as I have mentioned this to them before.

I will put a list of confirmed names on here for the date.

Cheers

Wayne

Originally posted by wayne View Post
    I will give preference first to Aled, Tim and Dale as I have mentioned this to them before.
    Wayne
    Wayne, I would gladly come along to watch, shifts permitting, but I recently fitted a dgas and had to have it set up so I went to Balmuir garage only last week.

£25 seems extremely reasonable indeed as mine was nearly 4 times as much

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Originally posted by Aled View Post
      Wayne, I would gladly come along to watch, shifts permitting, but I recently fitted a dgas and had to have it set up so I went to Balmuir garage only last week.

£25 seems extremely reasonable indeed as mine was nearly 4 times as much

Yes, its being discounted because of the numbers involved, why not fetch the Mk1? I took an RS Turbo to Balmuir a few years ago, complete waste of time as the guy knew nowt about RSTs, although when asked beforehand he said he was ok with them

Comment

Originally posted by wayne View Post
        Yes, its being discounted because of the numbers involved, why not fetch the Mk1? I took an RS Turbo to Balmuir a few years ago, complete waste of time as the guy knew nowt about RSTs, although when asked beforehand he said he was ok with them
        I took the MK1 to him when I bought it....it runs like a dream

PS....any pics of your new car ?

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Any interest in this before I put the places up on Passion Ford?

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for the offer Wayne, it sounds like a great idea!............ but I am happy with how I have got mine set up.

Cheers, Tim.

Comment

No worries Tim, thanks for the reply. Looks like its going to be mainly cossys and a local RS200 replica going so far

Comment

Working...
              X